Playful Pets Clean and Simple Birthday Feline For PP529

by Joanne James21. February 2021 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the fabulous LeAnne to host this week and she has a fun clean-and-simple challenge for you to work with:

Fabulous felines - what a fun challenge this week! I used the sketch over at Fusion (come back tomorrow if you'd like to see a card that uses the Fusion photo inspiration too) to make a clean and simple birthday card - take a look:

Today's card is super simple! I've been wanting to make a card using this cat that features on the Playful Pets designer series paper for ages - I just love her quirky expression! - and our challenge this week was the perfect opportunity. I cut a strip of (retired) Brights DSP in a two-tone stripe that picks up the pink of the cat's neck bow, and a suitably tongue-in-cheek sentiment from Itty-Bitty Birthdays that seemed to reflect just what my fussy-cut kitty was thinking, and placed the various pieces onto my card. A quick check to our clean and simple guidelines:

• minimal layers
  • little/no embellishments
  • lots of clean white space (no pattern)
Done!

I finished my sentiment on the inside of my card and added a mouse that I fussy cut from my DSP sheet too:

Since this is a birthday card, I'll be linking up over at The Spot today too where they have a birthday theme.

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

to follow

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
2/21/2021 7:29:49 PM #

Such a cute clean and simple card, Joanne! I love the look on this kitty's face. What a fun sentiment, too! Have a wonderful week!

Julia Aston
Julia AstonUnited States
2/21/2021 8:25:22 PM #

That expression just cracks me up and what a great sentiment!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
2/21/2021 9:15:03 PM #

Love your version of grumpy cat Joanne! And look there's the proper way to have striped paper!! Hope you had a good weekend. Vicky x

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
2/21/2021 10:27:15 PM #

Love it!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
2/21/2021 10:54:35 PM #

Love the design! Such a cute cat too. This is such a fun challenge to see eveyone's kitties!!

2/22/2021 1:13:31 PM #

Hahaha!  This frowny feline is perfect for my challenge...as is the sentiment!  I could never quite figure out how to match that sentiment up to an image, but you've nailed it!  AND the sketch is perfect too! Love it all!

Amanda Mertz
Amanda MertzUnited States
2/22/2021 3:45:36 PM #

I'm feeling exactly how your cat look when thinking about an upcoming birthday lol!  Lovely CAS design; the pink DSP and pink bow are perfect for this kitty cat!  Have a great week!

Nancy
NancyUnited States
2/22/2021 6:15:09 PM #

I just love the look on his face as he is telling someone they are older. LOL. This came out so cute Joanne! Have a fabulous day!

Debbie Crowley
Debbie CrowleyUnited States
2/23/2021 3:45:56 PM #

I love this beautiful CAS, Joanne!  The sentiment is so perfect for that little guy's expression and the pinks accent the gray tones so beautifully.

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current February hostess code:

QJBRZGPT

What's more, if you join between 5 January - 28 February during Sale-A-Bration, you will receive an additional 5 packs of colour designer series paper too - for FREE!

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.