Hello From The Snail Mail Postman Slimline Card

by Joanne James20. February 2021 21:59

I managed to squeeze in a little craft time this afternoon and made a card that's been buzzing around in my head for a while - love it when that happens and I finally get the opportunity to get my thoughts into paper! It is for the following challenges:

I used Julee's Mojo Monday sketch and some of my Snail Mail designer series papers featuring the colours over at Hand Stamped Sentiments and made a colourful slimline card - take a look:

This card really is all about the designer paper; in addition to the base layers, I fussy cut one of the postman snails from the DSP to feature on my postage stamp diecut square - isn't he just the cutest?!

A speech bubble and heart embellishment, along with a stitedch scallop border and twine bow were all that was needed to complete my card. I also added a little decoration to my envelope' using another of the stamps in the 'Snailed It' stamp set:

I'm also linking today's card over at Global Design Project #GDP279 where they have an animal theme this week.

Enjoy your evening and I'll be back tomorrow with another project for our new theme challenge over at The Paper Players. Until then, happy stampin'!

to follow

2/21/2021 2:58:26 AM #

Totally cute!  I love that sketch and you've used such great papers and that cute image to bring it all together!

Julee Tilman
Julee TilmanUnited States
2/21/2021 5:49:00 PM #

Such a fun card. So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday.

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
2/21/2021 9:17:54 PM #

The papers are wonderful  together as always Joanne. I love the postage stamp and the little speech bubble die cuts. I must confess I'm not too sure about that snail - the little dots on his body bring to mind a texture that makes me shudder!! Vicky x

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
2/22/2021 1:28:19 PM #

Absolutely so darn cute! This snail with his mustache is the best. He looks perfect dressed up in the challenge colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Bree Renwick
Bree RenwickUnited States
2/22/2021 5:24:39 PM #

So cute!   I love that little snail mail delivery snail!  Thank you for joining us at HSS!

Robbie
RobbieUnited States
2/22/2021 8:08:37 PM #

Fabulous card!  Love the fact that the paper fit our color challenge.  Glad you joined us at HSS and will play again!

Robbie

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current February hostess code:

QJBRZGPT

What's more, if you join between 5 January - 28 February during Sale-A-Bration, you will receive an additional 5 packs of colour designer series paper too - for FREE!

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.