Amazing Birthday Clean And Simple Birthday Card

by Joanne James5. August 2015 21:49

Just time for a super-quick creative post today; I've had a busy week so far, with the first of my monthly technique classes and the school holidays keeping me busy, but I managed to squeeze in a half hour of crafting time this evening and came up with the following card for a couple of challenges:

CYCI#80

I loved the colours over at Colour Q this week and whilst I was immediately inspired by that floral apron in the inspiration picture, when I saw the sketch at Can You Case It I ended up going in quite a different direction:

A CAS birthday card using the Amazing Birthday stamp set! I chose to use Bermuda Bay as my base colour, and added the other colours in (Hello Honey is not a favourite of mine, so I wanted to use it sparingly). I also substituted Peach Parfait (before my time, I'm afraid!) with Tangelo Twist. Some simple stamping, punching and snipping, along with a heat-embossed 'birthday' and some white baker's twine, and done! All accompanied by my dear husband and 10 year old attempting everything from 'She'll be coming 'round the mountain' to the Eastenders theme tune on the piano - an interesting melody when you're trying to be creative!

Back tomorrow with my card for this week's challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary; until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Lisa
LisaUnited States
8/6/2015 3:56:08 AM #

This is darling! I like the color blocked sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at ColourQ!

Kim Heggins
Kim HegginsUnited States
8/7/2015 4:15:29 AM #

Fabulous card...I love your sweet birthday shapes. Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

Elizabeth Jeanne
Elizabeth JeanneUnited States
8/7/2015 3:23:51 PM #

I love this clean and simple design. You did a great job at making this sketch your own! Thanks for joining us at CanYouCaseIt!

Eva Bussom
Eva BussomUnited States
8/7/2015 4:43:20 PM #

Joanne... Super cute!!! I really like how you changed up the shape for circles, and then a square! Thanks for joining CYCI Smile Eva

8/7/2015 5:27:03 PM #

Love it!

Laura Nolan
Laura NolanUnited States
8/7/2015 6:06:05 PM #

Great use of the punches! Very cute! Thanks for joining Can You Case It!

Marisa G
Marisa GUnited States
8/8/2015 3:38:47 AM #

Love the mix of circles and squares using our sketch! Great color combo too. Thanks for playing along at CYCI.

Pam
PamUnited States
8/8/2015 5:29:16 AM #

Joanne, Love this card!  Simple in execution and such a clean use of the design challenge.  Great colors.  Thanks for playing along with the Can You Case It challenge.

Sylvia
SylviaUnited States
8/10/2015 2:33:15 PM #

Fun birthday card, Joanne! Love the circle square mix! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current October hostess code: