Snail Mail Hello CCS 401

by Joanne James5. January 2021 13:00

It's Tuesday and time for a new challenge over at CAS Colours & Sketches. This is my first proper post as a full-time design team member and am thrilled to be joining these lovely ladies! Jeanne is hosting this month and our first challenge of the new year is a colour challenge:

For my card today I decided to break into one of my favourite sets from the new January-June mini catalogue and create a fun card that is also perfect for the current theme word challenge over at Just Us Girls this week - take a look:

Snail Mail - I love the collection of cute snails that feature in the Snail Mail Suite and couldn't wait to stamp and colour one with my Blends for my card today - cute, right?! And with a friendly 'hello' speech bubble, the perfect way to send someone a little 'happy mail' and let them know you are thinking of them.

All Hearts  - I created a two-tone base for my card front and used the tiny hearts border die from the Floral Hearts Dies set to create a border edge in my Pool Party layer that reveals the Cherry Cobbler hearts from the main card base, to pick up on the heart that features on the snail's happy mail envelope. I love to find co-ordination details like this across the products in my collection.

It's In The Detail - I used the same die to add a top and bottom border to my insert and another of the stamp sets to decorate the back of my envelope to complete my card:

I left the remainder of my card insert blank as I want to use this card to send a long-overdue note to a friend of mine who now lives in the USA, so need plenty of space to write. Whilst we do share photos and such like via social media, we make an effort to keep in touch with each other the old fashioned pen-and-paper way, so I know she will appreciate the sentiment of this little snail and the preview decoration on the back of the envelope too!

As a reminder, for our colour challenges, you must use all of the stated challenge colours. You may also use neutral colours; however, the challenge colours should be the most noticeable ones featured on your card. We use Stampin' Up! color names for reference, but you are welcome to use any other companies' products as long as you match the challenge colours as closely as possible.

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

1/5/2021 2:06:29 PM #

Oh my, once again you've created something with a set I was SURE I did not need!  Just adorable!  Love those little hearts and the face on the snail is precious!  Congrats on the new DT!  You're a perfect addition!

Jeanne
JeanneUnited States
1/5/2021 4:12:32 PM #

I love how you’ve used this week’s colors.  The row of hearts behind the snail is wonderful and the snail itself is adorable!  Great coloring!

Karen Ksenzakovic
Karen KsenzakovicUnited States
1/5/2021 5:13:00 PM #

Love this adorable card Joanne Smile Your images are too cute Sums up the mail service lately too

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
1/5/2021 10:23:48 PM #

Love it!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
1/5/2021 10:30:40 PM #

What an adorably goofy snail! Love him to bits and love all your gorgeous Joanne-style details too - the embellished envelope, the die cut background detail, and the coordinating die cut edges to the insert. Vicky x

Samantha Johnson
Samantha JohnsonUnited States
1/6/2021 3:14:43 AM #

What a sweet card.

Nancy
NancyUnited States
1/6/2021 1:52:19 PM #

You can't help but smile when you look at this cute little snail! Fun card Joanne! Thanks for playing along at Just Us Girls.

vicki dutcher
vicki dutcherUnited States
1/6/2021 2:21:03 PM #

How cute is that snail!  Super fun card.  Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
1/6/2021 8:04:38 PM #

I agree with LeAnne - I didn't think I needed this one either. And somehow, I'd completely overlooked that fabulous heart die! Very sweet, Joanne.

JulieP
JuliePUnited States
1/8/2021 2:35:20 PM #

He is darling!  Love the border of hearts on the front and on the inside.  Such a pretty detail!  So happy you're here with us!!!

YoonYoung Kim
YoonYoung KimKorea
1/9/2021 11:00:20 AM #

Oh, my!! This is so cute!!! Nice take on the color chart!

Jenny Martin
Jenny MartinAustralia
1/11/2021 11:22:07 PM #

Love your card! Beautiful clean layout and use of colours! That snail really makes me smileSmile

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current January hostess code:

BPQAZE3W

What's more, if you join between 5 January - 28 February during Sale-A-Bration, you will receive an additional 5 packs of colour designer series paper too - for FREE!

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.