Black and White With Love TGIF297

by Joanne James7. January 2021 15:00

Today I'm sharing a card that I made with this week's colour challenge over at TGIF Challenges in mind:

I had a piece of black and white True love Designer Series Paper out on my desk after making this card, so decided instead if tidying it away to use it up and this black and white challenge seemed like a great opportunity. This is what I came up with:

I used lots of the same elements as my previous card, including those gorgeous Always Dies. This time I diecut my 'Love' 3 times and stacked it to create a dimension diecut and combined it with a reverse white-on-black 'with'. There are lots of ways you can combine sentiments using these dies and they don't all have to be with weddings/anniversaries/Valentines in mind; the sentiment on my card is sufficiently generic that it could be used for anything. Again I added some of those matt dots, along with some twine to jazz up my scalloped rectangle. I offset this layer slightly to show a wider piece of the DSP behind, as the pattern got a little lost when it was centred and I really like the effect. And that's all there was to it!

If you love working with black and white as a combo, you should definitely check out the TGIF DT cards and the gallery this week - there are some great examples to feast your eyes on!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

1/7/2021 4:16:49 PM #

Simple and BEAUTIFUL!  I love how you used the black and white elements...just gorgeous!

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
1/7/2021 8:58:15 PM #

That's lovely.  Really effective with the DSP

diane
dianeUnited States
1/8/2021 2:15:25 AM #

Really pretty, black and white always makes an elegant design.

Hugs diane

JulieP
JuliePUnited States
1/8/2021 2:34:09 PM #

oooh!  I do love a black/white card.  This one is lovely!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
1/8/2021 11:59:47 PM #

Lovely! The scallop-edged rectangle makes all the difference, along with the very generous swoosh of bow.

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current January hostess code:

BPQAZE3W

What's more, if you join between 5 January - 28 February during Sale-A-Bration, you will receive an additional 5 packs of colour designer series paper too - for FREE!

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.