An Apple For The Teacher Thank You Card And Gift PP495

by Joanne James14. June 2020 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the lovely Laurie to host this week and she has an interesting colour challenge for you to work with:

First up, I have a confession to make: I couldn't find my Tranquil Tide ink pad so substituted with Garden Green. I have a few projects for you today; armed with Narelle's sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches I decided to use some retired designer series papers in the challenge colours and my 'Harvest Hellos' stamp set to make a couple of teacher thank you cards and some cute gift packaging.  Here's the first of my cards:

Some simple layering of my DSP and a stamped and punched apple, along with a 'thanks' diecut courtesy of the Well Written Dies, completed my card. I actually made two - on the second one, I reversed the layering of the papers and had the letter paper in front as opposed to the numbers:

I added some simple stamping to the inside of my card from the same set:

Here are the two cards together - which one do you prefer?

I had picked up a couple of cute apple notepads that I thought would be perfect for some extra small teacher gifts so took the opportunity to create some co-ordinating boxes for my cards, complete with tags:

And here's another view:

And that cute apple notepad that is in the box? Here it is:

The apple folds flat but when clipped open it forms an apple shape, so I just had to create a lidded box that could present it whole for full effect - here are both projects together:

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; the weather was glorious here in the UK yesterday so I'm hoping that will continue today and I can spend some time in the garden. I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
6/14/2020 2:21:20 PM #

Oh my gosh, Joanne! These cards are so clean and perfect! I love them both, but I think the one with the green in front is my favorite. Both cards showcase the challenge colors in a wonderful way.  What an adorable teacher gift, too!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
6/14/2020 5:15:34 PM #

This is AWESOME!! What a fun set, and I love them both. What a great design!

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
6/14/2020 9:28:03 PM #

Brilliant cards.  Such a great theme

6/15/2020 11:37:23 AM #

Wow, these projects are awesome!  What great cards and that little gift box is just as cute as the paper pad that goes inside!  Amazing!

Allisa
AllisaUnited States
6/16/2020 4:07:47 PM #

Too cute!  Great take on the sketch!

Mary Deatherage
Mary DeatherageUnited States
6/17/2020 12:27:08 AM #

What a perfect teacher's gift!  Your card is adorable and so fun that you made the matching gift box.  Apple note pad??  Too cool for school! Smile

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
6/18/2020 9:55:41 AM #

What a gorgeous gift set Joanne! I prefer the card with the grey panel uppermost but they are both lovely. The apple note pad is amazing isn't it - I would never use it but would keep it on display! (Am now thinking of the dust it would attract...!) I hope you got everything done in the garden yesterday as today is NOT an outdoors kind of a day! Vicky x

Stef Perry
Stef PerryUnited States
6/18/2020 6:57:49 PM #

I love that apple notepad, what a wonderful gift for a teacher.  And the gift box to hold it turned out beautifully, as did your cards and tag!  You'll be making some teacher very happy with this!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
6/19/2020 4:12:01 PM #

Joanne, what fabulous projects.  I love the impactful simplicity of your card.  I love the notepad, too and that gift box is gorgeous.  Awesome job!
hugs
jaydee

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
6/20/2020 4:09:41 AM #

Fabulous projects, Joanne! Love the cards with the numeric patterned paper and your little box is just too cute!

Current July hostess code:

WPMS44B7

Bonus Days Are Back!

Spend £45 or more in July and receive a £4.50 voucher to use against August purchases. Read more here