A Waterfront Sunset TTT68

by Joanne James11. June 2020 09:00

It's Thursday and time for a new challenge over at TicTacToe! It's the turn of Team X to host this week and the lovely Felicita is our featured designer this week. This is the fun board that we are playing along with:

My card fits the vertical column - summer, scene, free - and also the diagonal - summer, sunset, black/white (although not exclusively) - and for today's card I decided to challenge myself to use a set I haven't used much to create a peaceful scene - take a look:

Build A Scene - I decided to get creative with my 'Waterfront' stamp set for today's card. Just like 'My Meadow' and 'Snowfront', this is a build-a-scene stamp set with so many creative possibilities. I think for me that is sometimes the problem though; I am so attracted to these sets, but then struggle to make something that I'm happy with. The miserable weather here in the UK this week though got me thinking of sunnier climes and holidays gone by in sunny St Lucia, so I decided to create a sunset over the famous Pitons. Once I'd got started, it was actually really easy and a lot of fun! I stamped my mountains first, then the sea and then everything else, having created a simple post-it note mask over my mountains to maintain perspective.

Sunset Colours - I did reach for some retired Grapefruit Grove cardstock for my cardbase, because I found Pumpkin Pie too 'orange' with my Petal Pink and Calypso Coral colours. But You could vary this - the great thing about these kinds of sets is that you can create in whatever colours you have to hand and create a different look and feel to you scene each time.

Don't Forget The Inside - I added a little additional detail to the corner of the inside of my card too, just carrying the tropical feel into the inside:

I'm also linking up with the ladies over at Just Us Girls this week where the code word is 'sunshine' so I'm hoping that extends to sunsets too! You should definitely check out their gallery this week - it's so full of light and sunshine!

A tictactoe board offers so many creative possibilities - how does this week's board inspire you? Why not have a go? We would love to see you in the gallery and who knows - you might be selected for Designer's Choice and be eligible to be a guest designer on a future challenge.

Enjoy your day; I am trying to catch up on indoor chores as the weather outside really is frightful! I shall be dreaming of Caribbean beaches as I go! I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Table to follow.

Nancy Leppek
Nancy LeppekUnited States
6/11/2020 9:48:34 PM #

This is such a great CAS scene! Peach is a color that I feel gets ignored a lot, I believe it was a perfect color choice.  Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls.

Annie A.
Annie A.United States
6/11/2020 10:16:39 PM #

Hi Joanne ~ I just LOVE this card and the colors you used.  I have this set and you've inspired me to pull it out and see what happens!  Hugs, Annie

Maria Levine
Maria LevineUnited States
6/12/2020 1:32:10 AM #

What a great scene!  Lovely job and thanks so much for playing along with Just Us GIrls this week.

6/15/2020 11:38:42 AM #

Oh, what a lovely scene.  I don't do scenes.  I always mess them up. Nope, no scenes. But I LOVE it when others do!  Very pretty and serene!

Shannon Jaramillo
Shannon JaramilloUnited States
6/16/2020 9:54:37 PM #

Joanne, as soon as I started to read your post, I totally saw your vision for the Pitons! I too have been to St Lucia, and have a picture very similar to that! Such a beautiful place, thank you for taking me back there with your beautiful card! Hugs!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
6/18/2020 9:58:48 AM #

SO perfect Joanne! I love this set so much and I'm always amazed at how diverse the projects are that I see made with it. This peachy-toned scene reminds me of those fabulous repeating patterns on Hawaiian shirts! Vicky x

Current July hostess code:

WPMS44B7

Bonus Days Are Back!

Spend £45 or more in July and receive a £4.50 voucher to use against August purchases. Read more here