Rain or Shine Rainbow Under My Umbrella - PP494

by Joanne James7. June 2020 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the lovely Anne Marie to host this week and she has a fun theme challenge for you to work with:

I used Julee's current Mojo Monday sketch for my layout and decided to use my 'Under My Umbrella' stamp set that really hasn't seen that much ink since I had it so I decided to remedy that - take a look:

I used some retired Sale-A-Bration raindrop patterned paper for my vertical panel, then created a rainbow from a series of narrow strips for the horizontal one. I then added some fussy cut wellies filled with punched flowers and a bright yellow umbrella, punched with my Umbrella Builder punch, along with my sentiment on a stitched square, to finish. This card was quite quick to complete once I'd decided what to do and is rather bright and cheery; in hindsight, all it's missing is some sunshine. What can I say - aren't we all!

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; we are making pizzas from scratch today and if the weather continues to be cold and wet me might embark on another game of Monopoly, since yesterday's game was terminated prematurely due to bedtime! I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
6/7/2020 7:56:16 PM #

Love the rainbow colors...such a cheerful card and an awesome design!

Stef Perry
Stef PerryUnited States
6/8/2020 2:54:37 AM #

What a perfect card for this challenge, Joanne!  The raindrop patterned paper,  the rainbow strips of card, and the boot and umbrella vignette with the bunch of flowers all coordinated perfectly.  Love this!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
6/8/2020 11:52:23 AM #

I am a huge fan of this lovely set Joanne and you've done it proud with this card. I love the way you've made the background rainbow with strips of card - the perfect way to introduce a rainbow without it actually being a rainbow! Vicky x

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
6/10/2020 7:20:42 PM #

Great card.  I love the raindrops paper

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
6/11/2020 11:48:07 PM #

Joanne, I LOVE everything about your card! The raindrop paper, the strips of rainbow colors and those blinged-out blossoms. Just WOW! You totally rocked my challenge this week, my friend. Whoo hoo!

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
6/12/2020 5:17:06 AM #

Such a bright and cheery card, Joanne! I LOVE the strips of paper in rainbow colors. WOW!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
6/12/2020 3:18:14 PM #

Joanne,
I love the rainbow stripes they make a wonderful bold backdrop to your umbrella/wellie combo and lead your eye right across the card to the focal images.  Fabulous use of the DSP and a great way to introduce the rainbow.  I heart this card
hugs
jaydee

Julee Tilman
Julee TilmanUnited States
6/12/2020 5:00:00 PM #

Such a sweet card. So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!

6/12/2020 8:28:46 PM #

Joanne, this is delightful!!!!!  I love the rainbow stripes and that fabulous rainy background!  Those little red boots make me smile!  I always wanted red boots as a child, but my mom was practical and I had to have white!  LOL!  Thanks for making me smile!  Have a great weekend, My Friend!

Allisa
AllisaUnited States
6/13/2020 3:35:03 AM #

Super cute, love those boots filled with flowers.

Mary Deatherage
Mary DeatherageUnited States
6/13/2020 8:28:56 PM #

Love that strip-y rainbow - what a clever design element!  Great card - with or without sunshine! Smile

Current July hostess code:

WPMS44B7

Bonus Days Are Back!

Spend £45 or more in July and receive a £4.50 voucher to use against August purchases. Read more here

Coming Soon!

The new Stampin' Up! Autumn Winter catalogue launches on 4th August - you will be able to download your copy here!

Paper Pumpkin Is Coming!