A Summer Day At The Beach

by Joanne James6. June 2020 20:49

The weather has been so wet and cold today it has been really miserable! I had a little time this afternoon to squeeze in a quick card and I couldn't resist pulling one of my retired stamp sets off the shelf to make a bright card for a few challenges:

RRCB 136

I had been considering what to use for a summer-themed card for Festive Friday, and a retired stamp set that I've had since 2017, Day At The Beach, had just the images that I needed to start ticking off that inspo list! It also means I can link my card up over at RetroRubber too! So armed with the current Fab Friday sketch too I set to work and came up with a colourful summer collage - take a look:

I grabbed a selection of summer stamps and set to work: sunshine, flip flops, ice lollies, beach ball, umbrella, sunglasses, bucket and spade, sunhat - everything you would need for a beach vacation and a bunch of my Blends markers and coloured in my bright pattern. I paired it with a bold, diecut sentiment to finish. A summer beach vacation seems like a distant memory right now, so it was nice to live life through my card for just a little while today.

Enjoy your evening and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Heather H
Heather HUnited States
6/7/2020 5:44:24 PM #

Wow, Joanne, I LOVE this!  Perfect summery colors, in an awesome retro set, lol - I didn't bite when this one came out, and I'm sorry now, lol.  Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Amy Koenders
Amy KoendersUnited States
6/7/2020 6:12:18 PM #

So cute!  Love the fun summer images and bright colors.  Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
6/8/2020 11:54:06 AM #

Just love it Joanne! Bright, summery and the perfect antidote to the UK's current unseasonal gloom! Vicky x

Amanda Mertz
Amanda MertzUnited States
6/8/2020 1:27:34 PM #

This is so cute and cheerful!  I thought at first, "how did I miss this fun DSP??".  The summer/beachy theme is perfect and well done with our sketch!  Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
6/9/2020 9:03:07 PM #

This is just fabulous! I don't have this set - it was a great omission - and you've made it look great. Those colours and objects just SCREAM out summer. Your bold sentiment is just perfect. Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

Claire Grantham
Claire GranthamUnited States
6/11/2020 9:11:21 PM #

It doesn't get much more summer than this fabulous card, I love the background you created for that large Summer sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

6/12/2020 2:16:23 AM #

Gee whiz, how did I miss this?  This is one of my favorite sets and look how cool you made it!  LOVE IT!  Perfect for a Retro Beachy challenge!

D Idlet
D IdletUnited States
6/14/2020 1:57:12 AM #

What a fun summer card.  Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

Current July hostess code:

WPMS44B7

Bonus Days Are Back!

Spend £45 or more in July and receive a £4.50 voucher to use against August purchases. Read more here