Delightfully Detailed Forever Wedding Card

by Joanne James18. May 2020 07:00

Monday already - where does the week go?! I meant to blog this card last Friday and the end of the week simply ran away from me. Anyway, today I'm sharing a card that I made for this week's Less Is More Challenge and the current challenge over at Addicted to CAS:

Yes, LIM wanted cards in cream and white and Addicted to CAS have the code word of flower. I have done all-white type cards before and these are always a challenge. I haven't managed to play along over at Less Is More in a while so thought this would be a good time to remedy that - take a look at what I created:

A Laser Cut Cheat - I used some retired Delightfully Detailed Lasercut Specialty Paper for my showcase floral flourish on today's card. It's white on one side and vanilla on the other. For today's card, I used the white side against a vanilla card base and snipped a piece to the size I wanted from a larger 12" x 12" sheet. This paper is still available on the Clearance Rack (just click on the link below) if you would like to recreate my card.

It's All About Texture - When using only shades of cream and white, I find texture plays an important role in creating interest, whilst maintaining a clean and simple feel. So in addition to my laser-cut floral flourish, I embossed my card base with the Subtles Embossing Folder and added a simple diecut sentiment from white sparkle glimmer paper for added interest.

Inside Reversal - I added another piece of laser-cut paper inside my card, this showing the reversed side so that the vanilla shows up against the white lining. I stamped my sentiment in Sahara Sand to maintain the neutral feel:

I do have another card to share today so I'll be back with that later! Until then, happy stampin'!

Tinz
TinzUnited Kingdom
5/18/2020 8:56:18 PM #

This is very pretty,

Hugz Tinz

5/19/2020 12:14:18 AM #

What a unique card...I saw that vanilla/white challenge and just wasn't sure what I could come up with it!  Very elegant creation indeed!

Anita
AnitaUnited Kingdom
5/19/2020 8:19:05 PM #

A lovely example of cream and white, and I love how you've reversed it on the inside.  Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
5/21/2020 8:21:02 AM #

This monochrome palette is really elegant. I like the way the laser cut peeps off the page.

Sharon
SharonPortugal
5/22/2020 3:53:40 PM #

Absolutely beautiful Joanne! It is such a classy and classic colour combination and it suits your elegant wedding card perfectly.  This is really delightful. Thank you for popping it in to us at Less is More xx

Bobby Hagen
Bobby HagenUnited States
5/24/2020 12:18:07 AM #

This is such an elegant card, Joanne.  I love how you added a piece of that fabulous laser cut to the inside.  Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to CAS.

Current June hostess code:

NSKDEXBA

Host In June And Get Extra Rewards

Shop or host a party in June to get an extra £20 Stampin' Rewards with sales of £200+. Read more here

During June you can also choose any additional stamp/tool bundle from the new catalogue - FOR FREE!