A Clean And Simple Good Man For PP491

by Joanne James17. May 2020 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the fabulous Ann to host this week and she has a great clean and simple challenge for you to work with:

I was intrigued by Kim's sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches this week and armed with this and one of my personal favourite stamp sets for masculine cards I created my card - take a look:

I had already decided that I would use the 'A Good Man' stamp set for my card this week as it really lends itself to clean and simple cards. I stamped and coloured my image and created my woven cardstock trim as per Kim's sketch, having stamped my sentiment on the horizontal strip and I was done - minimal layers (virtually one layer), no embellishments and plenty of white space - yep, I met the clean and simple brief!

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; I spent yesterday finishing the last of my big garden cleaning jobs, with patios cleaned and garden furniture ready now for waxing. I'll be taking it easier today with some cooking and last-minute revision with the youngest James Junior in readiness for the first of this week's Common Entrance exam papers tomorrow - Geography and maybe a leisurely family bike ride too. I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
5/17/2020 2:52:12 PM #

great card.  Love the way you've coloured it

Allisa
AllisaUnited States
5/17/2020 6:38:36 PM #

Fabulous take on the sketch, love your coloring!

Mary Deatherage
Mary DeatherageUnited States
5/17/2020 6:54:10 PM #

Just chillaxin'!  Love it, Joanne.  Simply the perfect masculine card! Smile

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
5/17/2020 7:49:40 PM #

Oh, wow, Joanne! This is absolutely clean and fabulous! A wonderful masculine card colored to perfection! Thank you for rocking my clean and simple challenge this week!

5/17/2020 10:10:37 PM #

Joanne, we must have been thinking about the same activity for our Father's Day cards.  Great take on the FMS sketch, too!  Such a wonderful image!  I long for a day on the beach!  Your card is CAS perfection!  I hope you have a great week, My Friend!

Stef Perry
Stef PerryUnited States
5/18/2020 5:46:28 AM #

Wow, Joanne, you totally rocked the CAS portion of both challenges!  This is such a great image for a masculine card and your coloring is fantastic!  Working the sentiment into the horizontal strip is perfection!  LOVE this!

Kim S
Kim SUnited States
5/18/2020 6:36:08 PM #

This is such a fabulous use of the sketch!  I love how you used the colors on the strips - and then carried it into the image. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

5/19/2020 12:15:14 AM #

This set IS perfect for the CAS challenge, and that sketch is perfect!  What a great way to do the sentiment as well!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
5/20/2020 8:11:37 PM #

Great CAS card...love the image! Looks like my way of relaxing!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
5/20/2020 8:14:14 PM #

Joanne, I love your watercolor focal image and this was a great use of the FMS sketch.  Love the colors, too!  Hope you have a fabulous week
hugs
jaydee

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
5/21/2020 8:25:20 AM #

Another set I wish I'd got! Love your colouring and the way you've placed the sentiment like this with the interwoven strips.

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
5/23/2020 5:40:19 AM #

Absolutely fantastic! Love the color combo and the clean design. Awesome inspiration for this stamp set!

Current August hostess code:

CVAQTGE2

Bonus Days Are Back!

Spend £45 or more in July and receive a £4.50 voucher to use against August purchases. Read more here

Coming Soon!

The new Stampin' Up! Autumn Winter catalogue launches on 4th August - you will be able to download your copy here!

Paper Pumpkin Is Coming!