A Bright Puzzle Thank You Card For Mental Health Awareness Week

by Joanne James18. May 2020 11:00

Today I'm sharing a card that I made using this week's CAS Colours and Sketches layout and the bright colour palette over at Just Us Girls this week:

Did you know that today marks the start of Mental Health Awareness Week and since I'm always partial to a bright colour (or 4!) this combination was perfect for a bright and cheery card to recognise this event - take a look:

Love You To Pieces - The stamping on today's card comes from the retiring 'Love You To Pieces' stamp set. The idea of a jigsaw and puzzles seemed the perfect set and as the theme of this year's Mental Health Awareness Week is 'kindness' the sentiment is an ideal way to recognise someone who has been there to help and support through tough times. I love this set and the co-ordinating Puzzle Pieces Dies and for me they will be a 'keeper' as they really are so useful and versatile.

Spot The Starburst - I punched my sentiment with a 1 3/4" punch and layered it with a starburst for a pop of pink. The starburst punch is retiring at the end of the month, along with all but three of the standard circle punches (the 1 3/4" punch retired last year). The starburst punch is already out of stock but if you still have circle punches on your wishlist, be sure to pick them up now before it's too late.

So Long White Twine - Yes, you read it correctly - there is no Whisper White baker's twine in the new annual catalogue! I'm not sure how I am going to manage without this crafting storecupboard staple, so I have stocked up - take this as your call for last orders if you would like to do the same!

In the spirit of Mental Health Awareness week, please take a moment to think about someone who may be struggling, particularly in the current environment, and who perhaps hasn't overtly made a fuss or asked for help. Check in with them and make sure they know you are there and generally let's all try and show each other a little more kindness this week!

I hope this sunny Monday finds you well. This is going to be a busy week for me: I have a few online demonstrations planned, I have to get my class kits for next week's Birthday Jubilee class into the post and the end of the month sees a whole host of birthdays, so I need to lots of cards written and in the mail. I have also started the major craft room clear out of retiring stock to get ready for my catalogue launch 'By One, Get One Free' sale and make way for the new. We also start Common Entrance exams this week, with our first one, Geography, already completed this morning. I had to chuckle when I put on my stern invigilator voice to read young Master James the instructions and he said "Oo Mum, you make a mean invigilator; are you getting paid for this?" Such is the mind of an enterprising almost-teenager - I wish!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

5/18/2020 1:14:09 PM #

This is so cute!  What a great way to use those colors....I saw them and went running for the hills!  But making one color the base and adding little bits of the others---perfect!

Lisa Kind
Lisa KindUnited States
5/18/2020 4:17:33 PM #

What a great card you created for a very meaningful cause!  I love the subtle puzzle pieces in the background.  Sorry your white twine is not coming back!  Hopefully you can find a suitable replacement!   Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Jeanne
JeanneUnited States
5/18/2020 5:51:48 PM #

Such a wonderful interpretation of the sketch and a great way to use this stamp set!  Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

Julie Peddicord
Julie PeddicordUnited States
5/19/2020 3:01:29 PM #

Love how you interpreted the horizontal strip in the sketch.  The twine is an awesome touch as well.  Thanks so much for playing along with us at the CC&S challenge blog!

Bobby Hagen
Bobby HagenUnited States
5/20/2020 6:44:10 PM #

Those puzzles pieces fit perfectly with the sentiment, Joanne. I love how you used all our challenge colors.  Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
5/21/2020 8:09:02 AM #

This is great! Simple, strong colour combination and I love the link between sentiment and imagery. That generous bow is fabulous.

Deborah Frings
Deborah FringsUnited Kingdom
5/21/2020 9:38:09 AM #

I really like this clean, simple layout and the puzzle pieces in the background. Great use of the colours. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls, Deborah, GD.

SHANNON LORENZ HATCH
SHANNON LORENZ HATCHUnited States
5/21/2020 5:29:09 PM #

Love how you interpreted the sketch. This is a great stamp set for most anything. Thanks so much for playing along with us, this week, at CC&S

Current June hostess code:

NSKDEXBA

Host In June And Get Extra Rewards

Shop or host a party in June to get an extra £20 Stampin' Rewards with sales of £200+. Read more here

During June you can also choose any additional stamp/tool bundle from the new catalogue - FOR FREE!