Clean and Simple Copper Metallic Christmas Tree for PP459

by Joanne James15. September 2019 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the fabulous Anne Marie to host this week and she has a fun clean and simple challenge for you to work with:

I couldn't resist going all-out copper for my metallic and created a super clean and simple Christmas card featuring a heat embossed tree from the 'Perfectly Plaid' stamp set - take a look:

Since it is clean and simple week, it's worth a reminder of what we at The Paper Players mean by Clean and Simple:

• Minimal layers and embellishments
  • Plenty of open space, aka "white" space
  • Simple and uncluttered
My card is a simple extra thick Whisper White card base, a layer of copper foil cut with the Rectangle Stitched Framelits, then my copper heat-embossed Christmas tree on a panel of Whisper White with the addition of a simple single copper star embellishment - I didn't even add a sentiment to the front of my card. Just 3 layers with a single image and embellishment and a ton of white space - definitely clean and simple!

You can see all of my Product and 'How To' summaries on my 'How To - Tips and Techniques' Pinterest board in case you've missed any. I loved this CAS challenge; I created another card for this theme too which I will hopefully share with you later in the week!

The Paper Players Design Team
Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; we are hoping to make the most of what is turning out to be a pleasantly warm weekend with possibly the last BBQ of the year, along with homework and more cooking of our gluts of home-grown produce. I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
9/15/2019 4:40:43 PM #

Joanne
this is CAS perfection.  I am in love with the copper and white - they work so beautifully together.  That tree, with the frame.... it's everything!
hope you have a wonderful week
hugs
jaydee

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
9/15/2019 8:52:17 PM #

Gorgeous CAS card...love the embossed tree..so pretty!!

Wanda Cullen
Wanda CullenUnited States
9/16/2019 12:04:30 AM #

Love your metallic tree! The copper is really a wow factor!

9/16/2019 2:17:31 AM #

This tree is just amazing in copper, especially with the clean white space and matching mat!  Just beautiful!

Anita in France
Anita in FranceFrance
9/16/2019 4:29:15 PM #

Rich and wonderfully shimmery, Joanne ... the copper is fabulous against all that glorious white space!  Anita Smile

9/18/2019 12:23:36 AM #

WOW!  This is gorgeous!  I absolutely love the copper and white!  Your metallic tree just pops of the card.
The stitched frame is just perfect!  CAS perfection!  Have a great rest of the week!  XX

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
9/20/2019 3:42:11 AM #

Absolutely clean and gorgeous, Joanne! White and copper is the perfect combination. I would have completely overlooked this image, but you have certainly made it shine!

Windy Ellard
Windy EllardUnited States
9/20/2019 9:02:25 PM #

Love this copper and white combo and the embossing is so pretty!

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
9/21/2019 3:45:37 AM #

Absolutely gorgeous, Joanne! Such a perfectly clean design and the embossing really pops with detail. The copper really shines on the clean white background.

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current October hostess code: