Bonanza Buddies Toucan Birthday Cards For PP485

by Joanne James5. April 2020 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the fabulous LeAnne to host this week and she has a fun theme challenge for you to work with:

Cards featuring animals you would find at the zoo! Well, since none of us are able to visit the zoo in the current climate, our gallery this week will be the next best thing! Armed with the current sketch over at the Global Design Project this week I knew exactly where I was headed - take a look:

Party Toucan - I had to reach for the Bonanza Buddies suite for my card today and that fun party toucan in particular - I love visiting these colourful birds at the zoo! I used a piece of Bonanza Buddies paper, featuring lions and koala bears too, as the base pattern, then fussy cut one of the larger toucans carrying balloons from another sheet of paper. There isn't much stamping on today's card - just a greeting on the front and then a co-ordinating sentiment inside and another toucan, stamped this time in the corner:

A Doily Banner - The banner that I used from my sentiment on the front of my card is from the Doily Wishes DIe set - it was the perfect size and shape to fit under the stitched circle that I used to back my toucan.

Twocan Toucan - This card was a quick and easy make and a great storecupboard standby so I decided to make two at the same time as it was not twice the effort once everything was to hand. On my second card I used a different toucan, this time one wearing a party hat:

I love the bright colours of these fun birthday cards and they are perfect for any gender too. Here's one last photo of both my cards together:

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; we are forecast a warm day here in the UK so we will be undoubtedly spending some of our time outside in the garden. Yesterday was gorgeous and the James girls went for a long bike ride for our daily exercise yesterday, passing all of the sheep in the fields with their newborn lambs, frolicking about without a care in the world. Oh to be a lamb right now! I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
4/5/2020 9:42:35 PM #

Great set of cards!! I really like the font on the sentiment too. Cute cards!!

Mary Deatherage
Mary DeatherageUnited States
4/6/2020 12:34:01 AM #

Really sweet card - love your fussy cut toucan!!  Great job! Smile

Kim S
Kim SUnited States
4/6/2020 12:40:22 PM #

I can't believe I don't have this set - but I just don't have any young people in my life right now!  I love how you have used him - with the circle and the banner plus the balloons popping over the top.

4/6/2020 3:14:11 PM #

You just can't go wrong with anything from this bundle!  Your little toucan is as cute as can be...I love that curved sentiment, and the smaller print in the background coordinates perfectly!

Allisa
AllisaUnited States
4/8/2020 4:54:39 PM #

Love the fun bright colors, great take on the sketch!

Stef Perry
Stef PerryUnited States
4/8/2020 6:01:02 PM #

These are both wonderful birthday cards with the bright colors and adorable toucan! Always good to build your stash for those last minute needs.  Super  cute, Joanne!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
4/8/2020 9:00:30 PM #

I'm amazed at the way you can make any set work. I run screaming from such fussy DSP as this and you have made it into this wonderful, cohesive, fun creation. The fussy cut toucan is wonderful!

4/10/2020 1:09:16 AM #

Such FUN cards!  I love the bright colors and that toucan is just so adorable!  That DSP is just perfect to showcase your little toucan!  I hope you and your family are well, My Friend!  Stay safe!  XX

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
4/10/2020 9:59:42 PM #

Joanne, this is fabulous.  I love this DSP and how you showed two different versions using the same elements.  I love the bright colors and agree with Jan... I've been too scared to use this DSP - but you showed us how awesome it can be.
Hugs
Jaydee

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
4/11/2020 4:59:10 PM #

I just love these cards, Joanne! Those little toucans are ready to party, for sure. Adorable!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

ZMKAG7P2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!