The Power of Hope For PP477

by Joanne James9. February 2020 10:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the fabulous Ann to host this week and she has a fun colour challenge for you to work with:

Ann's colours this week are perfect for Valentine's however armed with the 'blank slate' over at InspireCreate this week I decided to use a little of something old with a little of something new to create my card today - take a look:

Power of Hope - So first to my something new! The pagoda and sentiment on today's card are from one of the free Sale-A-Bration stamp sets, called 'Power of Hope'. This set has some lovely oriental images, including a chinese lantern and geisha girl. I used the pagoda and one of the uplifting sentiments in the set.

Embossed Stone - The Power of Hope stamp set is combined with the Stone 3D embossing folder as one of the bundles of items that you can receive free with a £90 (as opposed to £45) Sale-A-Bration purchase. I used it emboss my card base and create a textured frame for my stamped area although I think it will prove useful on other projects too.

Seasonal Layers - For my 'something old', I used my perennial favourite, the Seasonal Layers Thinlits to add a diecut cherry blossom branch to the front of my card. I added colour to the centres of the flowers using my Stampin' Blends markers and the co-ordinating Colourful Seasons stamp set, which I also used to add a touch of decoration to the inside of my card:

Whilst I haven't used them for a while, this stamp set and dies are one of the most used bundles in my collection. They really are so useful on so many projects, whatever the season. As for the Japan-influenced Power of Hope bundle, whilst I wouldn't ordinarily choose this style of stamp set, it's different to anything else I own and will I'm sure have its uses. Bottom line is it was free, so I'm most certainly not complaining!

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; one of the James Juniors is off to a paintballing party today (rather him than me!). The rest of us will be battoning down the hatches and staying indoors away from the stormy winds that are expected in the UK today. I'll be back tomorrow with another project (or two!). Until then, happy stampin'!

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
2/9/2020 2:01:44 PM #

Love it - so pretty

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
2/9/2020 7:21:54 PM #

Fabulous pairing of old and new! I love Seasonal Layers too but seldom use the cherry blossoms. The colours lend themselves to something oriental like this. Great card. The embossing folder is great!

2/9/2020 9:35:13 PM #

Oh, Joanne, this is gorgeous!  I love the embossing on the background and this pairing of stamps sets is lovely!  The cherry blossoms are so beautiful!  Just WOW!  I hope you have a wonderful week, My Friend!  XX

Nora Noll
Nora NollUnited States
2/9/2020 11:03:14 PM #

This is so pretty!! I LOVE the background and your pretty blossoms!!

2/10/2020 7:31:17 PM #

I love how you combined old and new sets....very clever!  It's nice to see something other than a Valentine with these colors, too!  Just lovely!

Allisa
AllisaUnited States
2/10/2020 9:27:52 PM #

Great card, I so love the cherry blossoms and how you carried them over to the inside!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
2/11/2020 12:14:33 AM #

Really a pretty one Joanne! I love cherry blossoms!

Stef Perry
Stef PerryUnited States
2/14/2020 12:52:16 AM #

Those two stamp sets work together perfectly and the result is so lovely Joanne!  Love the cherry blossom branch and the wonderful sentiment of encouragement.

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current March hostess code:

RDJNFTTJ

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Co-ordination Product Release

Step up your co-ordination game by purchasing these exclusive products that co-ordinate with Sale-A-Bration and Spring mini catalogue items. There is no limit to how many you can order, but they are only available 4 February - 31st march whilst supplies last! Read more here.

Sale-A-Bration 2nd Release

Sale-A-Bration just got better - see all of the new products you can earn FREE with a £45/£90 order by clicking on the image above.