From My Heart Valentine's Card for PP476

by Joanne James2. February 2020 10:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of my sweet friend Claire to host this week and she has a timely theme challenge for you to work with:

It's the first Sunday in February and the month of Valentine's so love is definitely in the air! I combined our challenge this week with the colour palette over at Global Design Project and Julee's Mojo Monday sketch and am linking up with Just Us Girls where they are looking for bows. All of these elements came together for my love-filled card - take a look:

From My Heart - My card today features three of the patterns in the From The Heart specialty designer series paper. With playful patterns featuring red and pink foil accents on some designs, these papers are perfect for Valentine's Day cards and packaging. I used a pink and red random heart design for my largest panel and layered two of the foiled heart designs for the uppermost layer and focal point of my card. Check out the foil effect - so pretty:

Two Hearts Are Better Than One - I loved the layering of Julee's sketch and decided it would be a great way to showcase my favourite foiled heart pattern in the paper pack. I layered it on a pink heart from another of the designs, both of which I punched out using the punches in the Heart Punch pack: one has straight edges and the other scalloped and they nest together beautifully. I love it when you can punch shapes out of paper this easily - it makes card making a breeze!

Add A Bow - I finished my card with a fancy glossy red satin ribbon bow. The foil detailing and the faceted gems make this card something special and a luxurious bow seemed like the perfect way to complete my card.

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; I will be crafting and getting ready for my technique class tomorrow and might even sneak in a movie this afternoon. To my fellow PP teamies and anyone else stateside who is watching the Super Bowl and hosting or attending a Super Bowl party - enjoy!

I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
2/2/2020 11:39:01 AM #

I'm here fresh from your 'tyre' comment on my valentine Joanne - LOL! This valentine is the opposite side of the coin - completely feminine, so pretty and FULL of lurve!  Vicky x

Joanne JamesUnited States
2/2/2020 10:08:52 PM #

Hehe! Best of it is Vicky I was rooting around in my stash for a stencil for a card that I made today to blog tomorrow and I found another one with virtually the same pattern that you used on your card - so now I'm going to CASE you with it!!

2/2/2020 1:47:17 PM #

Joanne, this is gorgeous!   Such a "girly" Valentine, with the beautiful foil, red and pink hearts, and that pretty red satin bow!  Don't you love using punches and PP to make the perfect card???  This sketch is calling my name!  You know I love layers!  THANK You  for making my challenge shine this week, My Friend!  XX

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
2/2/2020 6:59:03 PM #

Such a beautiful Valentine, Joanne! I love how you combined all of the elements of the different challenges. The red and pink really pop on the clean background. That paper is one of my favorites. I recently just ordered another pack of it because I don't want to run out. Have a wonderful day!

2/2/2020 7:18:39 PM #

This is so sweet and lovely, no pun intended!  I think these are some of the prettiest papers and they make wonderful Valentine cards!  Great sketch too!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
2/2/2020 8:56:16 PM #

Great layout for showing off that lovely paper, Joanne. The sentiment looks sweet in pink. Isn't that ribbon luscious?! I'm not a ribbon fan but I love the feel and look of this one.

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
2/3/2020 4:22:30 PM #

Wow this is so pretty! Love the ribbon!

Lisa Kind
Lisa KindUnited States
2/3/2020 5:55:38 PM #

Love all the foiled accents on your very pretty card!  Great bow as well.  Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Mary Deatherage
Mary DeatherageUnited States
2/3/2020 7:09:46 PM #

Such a pretty card - love all your layers - and those punched DSP hearts!   Aren't they so cool!?!?

Stef Perry
Stef PerryUnited States
2/3/2020 7:27:12 PM #

What a gorgeous card Joanne! Those foiled papers and hearts make me swoon and your bow is perfection!

Bobby Hagen
Bobby HagenUnited States
2/6/2020 3:11:28 AM #

Mojo Monday was one of the first challenges I ever played in all those years ago.  I haven't been there in ages.  Your sketch design with the requisite bow is beautiful, Joanne, especially with all that foil paper.  Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
2/6/2020 10:30:26 AM #

Thanks Bobby for your kind comment. Those Mojo Monday sketches are fabulous aren't they? You should definitely check out Julee's blog at www.poeticartistry.blogspot.com - she still posts a Mojo Monday sketch every two weeks and it's fun to play along. You also get to see her other fabulous creations too! I'm glad I managed to join in with JUGS this week too!

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
2/6/2020 10:08:40 PM #

Beautiful, Joanne! I love this layout. I also love how you showcased this gorgeous heart. The bow is a perfect accent!

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current February hostess code:

N7UTJ3DY

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Co-ordination Product Release

Step up your co-ordination game by purchasing these exclusive products that co-ordinate with Sale-A-Bration and Spring mini catalogue items. There is no limit to how many you can order, but they are only available 4 February - 31st march whilst supplies last! Read more here.