A Joey New Baby Welcome!

by Joanne James18. March 2019 10:00

Another Monday and a new start to the week! Today I'm sharing a card a baby card using this week's sketch over at CAS Colours and Sketches that also fits this week's challenge over at Just Add Ink:

I still had my Animal Expedition papers out on my desk from the card that I will be sharing tomorrow so decided to make a quick new baby card - take a look:

J is For Joey - So today's card features the cute koala/kangaroo combo that I cropped from the Animal Expedition papers using my Animal friends framelits. I was reminded when I read the post over at Just Add Ink that 'joey' is another name for a young kangaroo and that this would therefore work for their challenge this week. This is a bonus entry for me though, as I thought this little joey would be perfect for my baby card today - my scheduled Just Add Ink entry is coming up tomorrow and you are definitely going to want to pop by and see where my musings over the letter 'J' took me - it was just too easy to go with the Design Team's suggestions! Another tip from me when cropping these animals from your designer series paper: crop the identical shape out of extra thick white cardstock and adhere your DSP diecut to it for a more rigid element to prevent it getting squashed in the post.

A Hidden Gem - I used one of the other dies in the Animal Friends set for the vertical 'banner' element of the sketch - an inset vine that has some leaves that are remove completely and some that are attached, allowing them to be brushed up and add a little interest to the design. I genuinely hadn't noticed this die in the set before, hence my reference to it as a 'hidden gem'; I really like it and I can see me using it on lots of cards for added subtle detail.

Subtle Texture - After diecutting the vertical vine element, I ran my layer of Blushing Bride cardstock through the Big Shot with my Subtle embossing folder for a little extra texture and interest. It is indeed subtle, but I think it makes a nice addition before adding my sentiment and diecut animal pair on top.

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
3/18/2019 8:51:10 PM #

This is just SO sweet! I love the way you've used the die cut for the vertical element.

Fiona
FionaUnited Kingdom
3/18/2019 8:57:53 PM #

Cute intrepation of the sketch with the vine for the banner. Love that the dies fit the paper as well as the stamps. Thank you for joining us for this week's CC&S challenge. Fiona x

Samantha Johnson
Samantha JohnsonUnited States
3/18/2019 11:51:47 PM #

What a sweet use of the sketch, thanks for joining us at CC&S.

Kim Badelt
Kim BadeltAustralia
3/19/2019 10:38:40 AM #

Love how your details, like the subtle embossing and die cut vine add together to make a really sweet baby card filled with texture. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Lou Kitzelman
Lou KitzelmanAustralia
3/20/2019 9:35:31 PM #

Totally cute and sweet Joanne. I love how you have used the vine die too. Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink. x

Holly L
Holly LUnited States
3/21/2019 4:04:06 AM #

Cute and fun card! Thanks for joining us at CC&S!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current November hostess code:

469YSGD2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!

Share joy with the global Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin Kit! Available 3 November whilst stocks last!