Snowflake Sentiments For The Paper Players PP372

by Joanne James26. November 2017 09:00

It's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's my turn to host this week and I have my favourite kind of challenge, a sketch, for you all to work with:

My card today is all about the snowflakes and uses the Snowflake Sentiments bundle - take a look:

Snowflake Inspiration - I used the piece of snowflake patterned paper from the Christmas Round The World DSP pack as the starting point for my card today; the dark grey reminds me of a snowy sky and is the perfect backdrop for those pale blue and white snowflakes.

Swirly Snowflake Border - The paper pairs beautifully with the stamps and thinlits in the Snowflake Sentiments bundle. I used the Swirly Snowflake thinlits to create my layered border and snowflake embellishment. The detail on these delicate cuts makes for some really pretty pieces, especially when cut from Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper - the snowflakes are so sparkly against the Pool Party layer and the grey of the background paper. The thinlits are designed to cut with a straight edge to one side of the border, but I wanted them to be a mirror image so I snipped away the excess from the snowflakes and cut the background piece in the same way.

Open To Interpretation - I added a ribbon and bow to my sketch as I don't often add bows to the front of my card, yet when I came to make my card, I chose not to add a bow as I didn't want to obscure the detail of those pretty snowflakes, although I did add a strip of ribbon between the border layers. I also moved up the position of my snowflake embellishment to provide a better balance with the positioning of my sentiment. These changes don't make my card 'wrong' - they are just one way to interpret the sketch. I can't wait to see how it inspires you!

The Paper Players Design Team
 Jaydee
Laurie Schmidt
Nance Leedy
Sandy Mathis

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

I look forward to seeing your interpretations of my sketch in the gallery this week. Enjoy the rest of your weekend as it will be over all too quickly; we are ice-skating later with the swimming squad - our first Christmas party of the season! I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Nance Leedy
Nance LeedyUnited States
11/26/2017 3:44:26 PM #

Fabulous card, Joanne!  Love these icy colors together and your take on the sketch is genius.  The bit of ribbon below the snowflakes adds lovely interest without bulk as does the layered stamping on the sentiment.  Gorgeous details and a brilliant use of your sketch!

Cindy Major
Cindy MajorCambodia
11/26/2017 5:05:44 PM #

You're the first one that I've seen use the border in that way - that's so clever!!! Making a mental note to get more use out of mine Smile
Thanks for sharing!
Cindy

Celeste Goff
Celeste GoffUnited States
11/26/2017 11:02:02 PM #

What a gorgeous and shimmery card! Love the addition of the silver ribbon and those gorgeous snowflakes!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
11/27/2017 4:31:18 PM #

So elegant and so very pretty! I love the shimmer and those beautiful snow flakes,too.

Have a great day!

sandym
sandymUnited States
11/28/2017 10:04:38 PM #

Joanne this was such a fun sketch, and fun to see how everyone interpreted it! I love your frosty take on it; the colors are great together and the border you created is fabulous!

Mona Pendleton
Mona PendletonUnited States
11/29/2017 1:08:42 AM #

Gorgeous card Joanne! Love all the pretty and elegant snowflakes! Thanks for the inspiration!

Annie Abrahamson
Annie AbrahamsonUnited States
12/1/2017 1:39:51 AM #

The cool colors are so perfect for this snowflake card - just a stunning card!  I like how you added snowflakes to the sentiment too!  Hope you're having a great week ~ Hugs, Annie

12/1/2017 2:07:54 AM #

Joanne, I just love this sketch!  So many fabulous cards in the gallery!   I love your elegant snowflake card!  The color combo is gorgeous and the ribbon is so pretty under your snowflakes!  I hope you are having a wonderful week, My Friend!  XX

Deanne K
Deanne KCanada
12/3/2017 3:51:21 AM #

Oh these colours are GORGEOUS together!  I will have to remember this colour combo!  Beautiful card!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current August hostess code:

CVAQTGE2

Spend Your Bonus Day Coupons!

Spend your £4.50 vouchers earned in July on your Stampin' Up! purchases before 31st August.

Paper Pumpkin Is Coming!