Best Dad Ever Masculine Card And A Frog Story

by Joanne James29. May 2017 08:00

Happy Bank Holiday Monday to all my UK readers today and to all those in the USA - Happy Memorial Day. I hope you've all been enjoying the long weekend and perhaps have even been able to squeeze in a little extra crafting time too. Today I'm sharing a couple of cards - the first one using this week's sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches:

I still need a couple of Father's Day cards so decided to use up a few more retiring products and 'go masculine' - perfect for the challenge over at SUO Challenges too. Here's my card:

Best Dad Ever - This sentiment is from the 'Everyday Tags' stamp set, whilst designed to co-ordinate with the Cheerful Tags Framelits Dies, also makes a great focal sentiment for my card.

Layered Squares - I can't seem to put down my Layering Squares lately! Here I adapted them slightly to create a rectangle that would frame my sentiment better and used a piece of Urban Underground Specialty Designer Series Paper for my background.

Nailed It - I paper-pieced three tools from the 'Nailed It' set for my embellishments and cut them out by hand as I didn't want a border around the edge. I also used the 'Happy Father's Day' stamp inside my card.

You can see all of my 'How To' summaries on my 'How To - Tips and Techniques' Pinterest board in case you've missed any. Is your Dad a tools man into DIY or would you choose an alternative theme for your card? Do let me know in the comments below - I would love to hear your thoughts.

My second card today is a super quick clean and simple card that uses this week's sketch over at CAS Colours and Sketches and just so happens to use this week's palette over at the Color Throwdown:

Here's my card:

No real explanation required here - some retired washi tape, a sentiment from 'Greatest Greetings' and that sweet frog from the retiring 'Love You Lots' hostess set - but there is a funny story that goes with it: Rebecca was playing a game with her friends at school this week where they were Googling the song that was number one in the charts the day that they were born. I must confess I had no idea what was at the top of the hit parade when Rebecca was born, however I was mildly amused when she informed me it was 'Crazy Frog' by Axel F (yes, that irritating tune that was little more than a mobile phone ringtone!) and that everyone else was really jealous as theirs was quite boring by comparison! I must be getting old as I don't even consider 'Crazy Frog' music!!! Anyway, after this fun revelation I had the urge to make her a frog card; I sometimes make little notes to go into the James Juniors pencil cases as a little surprise and this is where this notelet is headed!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

karen h
karen hUnited States
5/29/2017 5:46:19 PM #

Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S! Adorable card; wonderful CAS style!

Amy O'Neill
Amy O'NeillUnited States
5/30/2017 12:32:50 AM #

Fabulous cards!  I love the combination of products you've used for the Father's Day card.  Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Emily E
Emily EAustralia
5/30/2017 2:45:08 AM #

Oh that little frog is adorable! Thanks for sharing with us this week at CC&S!

Linda Callahan
Linda CallahanUnited States
5/30/2017 4:00:40 AM #

Perfect Father's Day card!  And funny about the frog..... ;)

Vicky T
Vicky TUnited Kingdom
5/30/2017 6:23:10 AM #

Lovely card, the little frog is so cute Smile

Fiona W
Fiona WUnited Kingdom
5/30/2017 9:13:16 PM #

I think there's quite a few people who are going to miss that cute frog, and I'm sure that Rebecca liked her notecard. Thanks for joining us on this weeks CC&S challenge.

Julia Quinn
Julia QuinnAustralia
6/4/2017 9:43:00 AM #

Love your little frog story.  teehee.  The masculine card is lovely and all the little details are just fabulous!  So glad you joined in the fun with SUO Challenges.

Mary Brown
Mary BrownUnited States
6/5/2017 2:32:34 AM #

What ADORABLE cards!  LOVE that Nailed It set and so sad that it is gone!  Thanks for joining the SUO challenge this time!

KAREN BARBER
KAREN BARBERUnited States
6/5/2017 2:53:20 AM #

AWESOME MAN-CARD!!!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current November hostess code:

469YSGD2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!

Share joy with the global Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin Kit! Available 3 November whilst stocks last!