Basket Bunch Easter Egg Hunt Card

by Joanne James27. February 2017 20:44

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you've had a good day. I've had a busy start to the week with preparation for next week's classes followed by a pleasant hour watching Rebecca swim in a school swimming gala (she won all her races and the team won overall, so smiles all round.) Rebecca came second in her competition race yesterday too and had a new personal best time, so all good. Anyway, to today's cards - yes, two! I've made a couple of cards on the same theme using the same colours for a couple of different challenges:

Visit the Paper Craft Crew and play along with Card Sketch 232. #pcc2017 #cardsketch #papercraftcrew  www.papercraftcrew.com

I decided I needed to get cracking (excuse the pun!) with my Easter makes, so today it's all about the Basket Bunch bundle  - take a look:

Paper Craft Crew have a great sketch this week and I really love the CAS Colours & Sketches colour combination - I will be so sad to see Cucumber Crush leave us in June! - and thought it was perfect for a little Easter egg hunt through the grass. I stamped and die cut a selection of eggs and interspersed them between my strip of grass. I layered it onto a piece of basket weave patterned paper from the Sale-A-Bration Carried Away Designer Series Paper and finished with this fun sentiment from the Basket Bunch stamp set, cut out with my Layering Ovals. May all your chocolate be solid - I love it!

Having completed this card, I thought it was probably a little too layered to qualify as truly 'clean and simple' for the lovely ladies over at CAS Colours and Sketches, so I die cut a few more pieces and created something a little more in keeping:

Clean and simple with an alternative sentiment, yet no less colourful!

Here is the visual summary of the key products used on today's projects for you to pin for easy reference:

And for my second card:

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

karen h
karen hUnited States
27/02/2017 23:42:19 #

Awesome cards, Joanne! Adorable scenes and wonderful CAS style! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Patricia Hays
Patricia HaysUnited States
01/03/2017 13:35:00 #

Two sweet cards here - the "may all your chocolate be solid" sentiment made me literally laugh out loud! Smile  Thanks for sharing your artwork with us at CC&S! Smile

Beverley
BeverleyUnited Kingdom
02/03/2017 12:33:05 #

Two fabulous cards and like Patricia the sentiment "may all your chocolate be solid" made me giggle too Smile Thanks so much for joining in at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

02/03/2017 13:05:04 #

This set is on my wish list.....next to purchase!  I love all the little eggs hiding in the grass!  SO cute!

Christyne Richardson
Christyne RichardsonCanada
14/03/2017 10:53:08 #

Fabulous cards Joanne! I hope all your chocolate is indeed SOLID! Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Craft Crew! Christyne - DT.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Bonus Days are back! Earned a Bonus Day Coupon in July? Shop with me between 1 and 31 August and take it of your total spend. Find out more here.

Current August hostess code:

3HFYNMYT

2017-18 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.