Easter Basket Bunch For The Paper Players

by Joanne James26. March 2017 09:00

To all my UK readers - Happy Mother's Day! It is of course Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! My good friend the super-talented Claire is the hostess this week and she has a sketch for us to work with:

I love a good sketch and this one has some great layering options. I decided that I would use the pretty Spring colours over at Fab Friday to create a basket of flowers for an Easter card - take a look:

I kept my layers fairly neutral - a stitched circle in Mint Macaron, a panel of Calypso Coral By The Shore designer series paper - and used the Easter sentiment from the 'Suite Sentiments' set on a Very Vanilla banner, with the real focal point for my card being my basket of flowers. I cut and layered my basket using the Basket Builder framelits then stamped my daffodils and peach flowers in Memento Black onto solid colour cardstock using the Basket Bunch set and cut the out with the co-ordinating framelits, finishing them with some Calypso Coral subtles candy dots. I love the Basket Bunch bundle, not only for the Easter eggs and bunny, but also the perfect daffodils (well, I am Welsh so it is to be expected!). The framelits make cutting out these little pieces so easy and offer some great layering options too.

I'm also linking up with those lovely ladies over at As You See It too - for me, there is nothing that says Spring more than daffodils. They are so bright and cheery and inexpensive and I love to have them cut in a vase, but also to see them along the banks and hedgerows as I drive around the countryside. At the moment there are rows and rows of them on my journey driving Ben to school - they never fail to brighten my day!

The Paper Players Design Team
 Jaydee
Laurie Schmidt
Nance Leedy
Sandy Mathis
 Crystal Komera
Valentyna Komisarenko
Deanne K

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

I look forward to seeing what you create with our sketch this week. Enjoy the rest of your weekend as it will be over all too quickly; I'm looking forward to a family lunch and maybe, just maybe, a sneaky visit into my craft room this afternoon. I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

3/26/2017 2:18:21 PM #

Joanne, this is so lovely!  The gorgeous Spring color combo, the basket of beautiful blooms and the wonderful sentiment are perfect!  You certainly rocked my sketch this week, My Friend!  Thank you!  XX

Heather H
Heather HUnited States
3/26/2017 9:27:58 PM #

This is just flat-out gorgeous!  So buttoned up - and I agree, daffodils are a great spring-theme - great idea to pull in basket bunch!  I totally forgot to check By the Shore for our colors on this one too - fantastic!  Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
3/27/2017 7:09:05 AM #

Oh yes, daffodils are SO spring! Your bucket of daffys is gorgeous. The little bow is a great finishing touch to it. Thanks for joining us again at As You See It.

Nance Leedy
Nance LeedyUnited States
3/27/2017 11:58:56 AM #

Firstly.....Happy Mother's Day, Joanne!  I hope your day was relaxing and full of your favorite things....maybe even some daffodils as lovely as these.  Beautiful use of the colors and the sketch.  Your basket of flowers is just gorgeous, my friend!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
3/27/2017 5:39:34 PM #

Love your basket of blooms Joanne! So pretty and perfect for Easter.

Have a great weekSmile

sandym
sandymUnited States
3/27/2017 6:33:15 PM #

So pretty, Joanne! I love the colors and the basket of flowers. And a Happy Mother's Day to you, too!

3/28/2017 12:13:28 PM #

SO sweet...I never think to make daffodils anything but plain old yellow!!  I love these colors together and your layers are so perfectly complementary!  Beautiful!

3/28/2017 12:14:21 PM #

Oops...I see your daffodils ARE yellow, it's the other flowers that are different....I don't think I have had enough coffee yet this morning, LOL!  Still pretty!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
3/28/2017 1:03:59 PM #

Haha - we all have days like that LeAnne! I do have some rather lovely cream ones with orange trumpets on my kitchen windowsill currently though, so I guess they come in many forms!

Heather Cooper
Heather CooperCanada
3/28/2017 2:42:57 PM #

I love the springy combination of flowers, Easter, and bright, cheery colours, Joanne! This card certainly says Spring to me! Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenges.

Valentyna
ValentynaCanada
3/28/2017 5:15:51 PM #

So sweet and springy looking Easter card, Joanne! Love the colors and cute flowers too.

Amanda Mertz
Amanda MertzUnited States
3/28/2017 6:08:03 PM #

Such a sweet basket of spring flowers!  I like how you matched the gradient color of the basket arrangement to the gradient color of the background DSP...subtle but a great detail!  Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Tara Angus
Tara AngusUnited States
3/30/2017 1:09:20 AM #

Love the layout of your card!  The basket bundle is PERFECT for springy cards.  Thanks for joining us at AYSI this week!

Deanne @ Three Trees
Deanne @ Three TreesCanada
3/31/2017 3:22:03 PM #

Beautiful colours!  Loving that basket full of flowers!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
3/31/2017 4:44:35 PM #

Great use of the sketch - and I love the basket of spring flowers, especially the little enamel middles.  Thanks for reminding me that spring is just around the corner Smile
hugs
jaydee

Amy
AmyCanada
4/3/2017 9:10:35 PM #

What a bright happy card! I love seeing the colours of the spring bulbs coming up in my neighbourhood, too! Thanks for playing along at the As You See It Challenge blog!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current November hostess code:

469YSGD2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!

Share joy with the global Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin Kit! Available 3 November whilst stocks last!