Let's Paint The Town...Red!

by Joanne James11. February 2016 10:00

I've an extra card for you today; my spot of crafting yesterday gave me just enough time to squeeze in this fun card for this week's CAS(E) This Sketch:

I also used the colour palette over at Fab Friday, which seemed rather appropriate given the sentiment on today's card - after all, as the saying goes 'Let's paint the town red' right?

I used the hostess set 'Love You Sew' for my card today. The paint brushes and swish of paint stamp made the perfect backdrop for my sentiment; I stamped each paint swish twice on my mat of Very Vanilla and overlapped them beneath my sentiment oval in order to extend their length. I cut out my sentiment using my Big Shot and Oval Framelits and popped it up on a couple of dimensionals. A few punched hearts and an epoxy sticker on the largest heart finished my card.

This hostess set is a great set for crafters and non-crafters alike - I just love the fun sentiments and creative possibilities. Whilst this sentiment isn't a particular 'love' themed one, I think my card could be used as a fun invitation to a loved one or group of friends perhaps. 'Love You Sew' is exclusively available to customers who host a Stampin' Up! party or place a single order that qualifies for Stampin' Rewards. Sale-A-Bration is a great time to host a party with extra hostess rewards available for qualifying party sales. If you would like to host a party, do get in touch; I have a few slots left before the end of March if you would like to take advantage of these great offers. in addition, for all of my customers who host a party between now and the end of Sale-A-Bration, I will provide them with a free 'to go' tutorial to make a set of fun cards using the 'Love You Sew' hostess stamp set. So what are you waiting for? Make the call!

That's all from me today; back tomorrow with another project. until then, happy stampin'!

Brian King
Brian KingUnited States
11/02/2016 13:26:06 #

Joanne - great use of these colors.  I love the layout of this card - all the white really lets the colors pop.  Thank you so much for playing along with this FabFriday Color Challenge!

Leigh Penner
Leigh PennerCanada
11/02/2016 19:20:09 #

Oh, this is so fun! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Mindy Backes
Mindy BackesUnited States
11/02/2016 19:52:05 #

This is adorable!  It works perfectly with the colors and looks like a monochromatic rainbow!  I love it!  Great layout for that set too!  Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Heather H
Heather HUnited States
13/02/2016 19:52:52 #

OK, this is the second fabulous card I've seen with this little paint brush this week - so awesome!  I love your paly with the colors, and that epoxy sticker is perfect!  Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Amanda Mertz
Amanda MertzUnited States
15/02/2016 20:03:05 #

So smart to use the brushstrokes for the elements of the sketch!  And what better paint colors than our challenge colors!  Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Pam Steckman
Pam SteckmanUnited States
17/02/2016 14:24:37 #

Thanks so much for joining us at Fab Friday. It is funny but I just pulled out this set and was planning to use it soon. You did awesome and I just love that sentiment. Thanks so much for playing with us at Fab Friday.

Designers Series Paper Sale - Buy 3 Get 1 Free

Designer Series Paper is on sale between 1-31 October: buy 3, get 1 free on selected packs. Find out more here.

Earn this fabulous festive stamp set for FREE when you host a party with qualifying sales between 1 September and 31 October. Find out more here.

Seasonal Catalogue

Click here to view and download a copy of the 2017 Autumn-Winter Stampin' Up! Seasonal Catalogue which runs from 1 September 2017 - 2 January 2018.

Current October hostess code:

769FVWR4

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

2017-18 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.