Clean and Simple Candy Cane Christmas Card - Sweet Treats PP419

by Joanne James18. November 2018 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players - yay! It's the turn of my awesome friend LeAnne to host this week and she has a clean and simple challenge for you to work with:

Remember in addition to the theme of "sweet treats", this week is a Clean-and-Simple (CAS) challenge!  What do we mean by CAS?

• Minimal layers and embellishments
  • Plenty of open space, aka "white" space
  • Simple and uncluttered

I was totally inspired by the red and white stripes and the candy cane in our wonderful inspiration photo for my card this week - take a look:

Sweet Candy Canes - My card is all about candy canes - when it comes to sweet treats at this time of year, is there really anything sweeter? I reached for my favourite Santa's Workshop designer series papers again and paired them with a glittery candy cane embellishment from my Memories and More pack for a striped candy feast.

Keep It Simple - My card really is super simple: a couple of well-chosen papers used sparingly, with a simple stitched circle and heat-embossed Christmas sentiment complete my card. Even the inside has a well-chosen but super simple sentiment detail:

A Delight in Red and White - Using just one colour with my white card base adds to the clean and simple feel of today's card. If you like this card, you might also want to check out this card that I posted earlier this week that used the same colour combination and products - and can also be made in under 10 minutes. Both of these cards are simple to create and would be great for mass production. Gotta love #SimpleStamping

The Paper Players Design Team
Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day. We had a busy day yesterday with a scrapbooking class and a swimming gala so today is officially homework day in the James household with hopefully a movie afternoon thrown in. I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
11/18/2018 5:26:03 PM #

Cute, cute, cute, Joanne! I love the candy cane paper with the stripes...so cheery and festive! A sweet treat for sure!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
11/19/2018 12:43:51 AM #

That paper is so perfect for the challenge..adorable card and such a great design Joanne!

sandym
sandymUnited States
11/20/2018 1:41:18 AM #

Joanne, your CAS card is perfect -  lots of white space, monochromatic, and cute as can be! I love the candy cane paper and image, and the sentiments, inside and out!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
11/20/2018 6:00:02 AM #

Great simple card, Joanne. Very festive.

11/20/2018 3:11:02 PM #

Yum, candy canes are a perfect sweet treat for a CAS creation!  You've nailed this one so well!  Love that sentiment on the inside too!

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
11/24/2018 1:17:57 AM #

A perfect CAS creation Joanne! Wow! The patterns and the image really pop on that clean background. I’m going to remember this for our next CAS challenge as inspiration that less than 6 layers really IS ok. Ha! I’ll get there eventually. Hope you have been having a wonderful week!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
11/25/2018 4:45:22 PM #

Joanne,
sorry I am so late commenting on this CAS beauty.   I love the multiple papers with the red and white theme and your little candy cane is perfect.  I also love that you kept to the monochromatic color scheme with the white on red sentiment.  Fabulous card
hugs
Jaydee

11/25/2018 10:33:15 PM #

Such a "sweet" card, My Friend!  Your card is CAS perfection!  I still love to eat candy canes.  My grands and I enjoyed one yesterday!  XX

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current October hostess code: