Flurry of Wishes Holidays Fancy Foil Vellum Snowflake Christmas Card

by Joanne James25. October 2015 11:00

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge over at The Paper Players! This week it is the turn of my wonderful friend LeAnne to host and she has my favourite type of challenge, a sketch, for us to work with this week:

This is a sketch with lots of possibilities; I eventually settled on a silver and white snowflake-themed card - here it is:

I used a piece of extra-thick Whisper White cardstock for my base and for the three vertical panels, used three pieces of the silver snowflake Holidays Fancy Foil vellum, adhered to three pieces of Whisper White on to three mats of silver foil cardstock. I stamped my sentiment from the 'Flurry of Wishes' stamp set in Versamark onto Whisper White and heat embossed it in silver and matted this onto a piece of silver foil too, having flagged both ends with my Triple Banner Punch. For the circle element of the sketch, I took a bit of a liberty and stamped the medium sized snowflake from 'Flurry of Wishes' in Versamark and heat embossed in silver and punched it out using the Flower Medallion Punch. I adhered this to my card using dimensionals, with some loops of silver cord trim underneath it. For the final element of the sketch, I added one of the Winter Wonderland Embellishments to the point of my snowflake.

I adore this card - it is so wonderfully sparkly and shimmery in real life, although it is so white it was quite difficult to photograph and the picture definitely doesn't do it justice! The Holidays Fancy Foil Vellum is just gorgeous and a little definitely goes a long way.

The Paper Players Design Team
 Jaydee
Laurie Schmidt
Nance Leedy
Sandy Mathis
Amy Koenders
Jodi McKinney
Lisa Elton
Anne Marie Hile - on leave

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than three challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

I look forward to seeing how you interpret our sketch this week. The children are back this morning so I will be collecting Ben from basketball and then we are having Granny over for lunch. In the afternoon we are going to start looking at Rebecca's music assignment - half term homework, boo hoo!

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
10/25/2015 2:19:56 PM #

This is beautiful Joanne! It's so classy and elegant and I love the colors for Christmas. (Which is really not that far away!)

Jodi McKinney
Jodi McKinneyUnited States
10/25/2015 3:45:24 PM #

OH Joanne!  What a classy, elegant, EXTRAordinary card!  So well done in silver and white!  BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Kathy James
Kathy JamesUnited Kingdom
10/25/2015 4:56:53 PM #

So elegant - Love this design - silver and white - my favourite Christmas colours!

10/25/2015 6:53:06 PM #

Wow, this is so pretty....the silver accents and the printed vellum make for a gorgeous Christmas creation!  Just beautiful, Joanne!   Thanks for making my sketch look GREAT!

Sandy mathis
Sandy mathisUnited States
10/25/2015 10:21:43 PM #

Joanne what a gorgeous and elegant card! I love the simple silver and white scheme, and the vellum is just beautiful!

Nance Leedy
Nance LeedyUnited States
10/27/2015 11:33:38 AM #

Oh Joanne, what a stunning card!  Silver and white is such a classically beautiful color combination and the vellum snowflake paper adds to the elegance.  Love that you trimmed the main panels in silver foil--it really makes them pop.  Gorgeous card, my friend!

10/27/2015 8:11:09 PM #

Joanne, this is GORGEOUS!!!!  I love the silver and white!  So classy and elegant, My Friend!  I have a friend that's favorite color is white.  I need to CAS this card for her!  Thank you for always sharing such fabulous creations!!!!  XX

Amy Koenders
Amy KoendersUnited States
10/27/2015 11:49:36 PM #

Simply stunning!  Love that silver and white color combination and the silver cording adds the perfect touch!  Smile

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
10/30/2015 8:23:47 PM #

Joanne, this is gorgeous.  The softness of the vellum adds such a wonderful touch of delicacy to the card.   Fabulous take on the sketch
hugs
jaydee

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current November hostess code: