Lighthearted Leaves Chalkboard Leaf Thank You Card

by Joanne James26. October 2015 07:30

Today I have a card that I made with this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge in mind and uses the colours over at Fab Friday and just so happens to suit the theme over at TGIF Challenges too:

As soon as I saw the sketch I knew that I wanted to create something with my Lighthearted Leaves set and Leaflets Framelits and I wanted to create something bold with bright colours and contrast, so the colours were a perfect choice. Here's my card:

I used a base of extra thick Whisper White and a mat of Basic Black, then stamped my leaf in Memento Black onto a piece of Tangelo Twist, then coloured certain areas of the leaf in white with my chalk marker. I cut the co-ordinating leaf shape out of my Bermuda Bay layer then popped this on top using dimensionals. I used the Greetings Thinlits and my Big Shot for the 'thanks', cutting it out twice, once in white and once in black than layering them, one slightly offset against the other, beneath my leaf, with a candy dot for a pop of orange (it's Pumpkin Pie, but you can't tell it's not an exact match so far away from the base layer - I won;t tell if you won't ;-)!)

Rather simple, yet the layers and graphic nature of this card, combined with the bold, bright colours and one of my favourite stamp sets make this one of those cards that I would love to receive.

That's all from me today; I'm off to make some Halloween crafts at my friends coffee morning to raise funds for the Outspan School in Uganda. Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

26/10/2015 13:39:37 #

Awesome CAS creation....striking colors!

Mercedes
MercedesUnited States
26/10/2015 17:33:06 #

What an amazing combo of challenges! My fav is the color choices, really makes it pop off the page! Thanks for playing with TGIFC!

Jen Mitchell
Jen MitchellUnited States
27/10/2015 00:03:49 #

Such a striking design.  I love how the leaf looks colored this way!  Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Heather H
Heather HUnited States
27/10/2015 15:27:41 #

Oh, I LOVE this card!  This has turned out to be one of my favorite stamp sets, and the touches of white over the color are just so lovely - I totally have to try this!  Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Brian King
Brian KingUnited States
28/10/2015 12:39:24 #

Gorgeous project!  Love how you used the colors to create a bold, bright card.  Thank you for playing along with this FabFriday Color Challenge.

Brenda Myers
Brenda MyersUnited States
03/11/2015 16:40:48 #

Very cool card!!  Love the leaf window and the layering of the Thanks!!  Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!

Current June hostess code:

RZMGPJTS

2018-19 Annual Catalogue

Click on the catalogue for a full list of current SU! supplies - if you would like to order any of the items featured, please drop me a line at joanne@thecraftyowl.co.uk or give me a call on 07773 421446 - I'd be happy to help.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. That's £31 OF FREE PRODUCT! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.