Flurry Of Wishes White Snowflake Vellum Card

by Joanne James24. November 2015 08:00

Today I'm sharing a card that I made for a couple of challenges this week, initially inspired by the intriguing sketch over at Pals Paper Arts but also with the theme over at TGIF Challenges in mind:

PPA276

I'm also linking up with the talented team over at The Challenge - my card is definitely more contemporary than traditional, but it has snowflakes as per the inspiration photo; I might have to do another one for this challenge too with a little more red and green! Anyway - my card today is another of those so-difficult-to-photograph-yet-so-beautiful white and silver Christmas cards that I'm so fond of! here it is:

I used a base of extra-thick Whisper White and decided that the three circles in the sketch should be represented by a trio of Winter Wonderland Embellishments and the rest of my design came from there. I created a layered panel of silver foil, Whisper White and then the lovely snowflake patterned Holiday Fancy Foil Vellum. I stamped the medium sized Flurry of Wishes Snowflake in Smoky Slate onto Shimmery White cardstock, then stamped two of the three elements of my sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed in silver, then punched out the shape with my Flower Medallion punch. I added a silver glimmer die cut 'peace' and adhered the whole piece to my card using dimensionals, having added some thin silver metallic thread behind.

This is one of those cards that is so very pretty in real life - it has so much shimmer and sparkle, it's gorgeous! You can see the detail of the snowflake better in this close-up shot:

So many pretty snowflake elements too - embellishments, vellum and stamps!

That's all from me today; I'm looking forward to spending the day having some quality crafting time and a good catch up with a couple of friends.

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Lesley Croghan
Lesley CroghanCanada
11/24/2015 2:18:33 PM #

I love your work, Joanne! This is SO pretty and super special for the receiver! Thank you for playing at The Challenge!

Linda Callahan
Linda CallahanUnited States
11/24/2015 3:03:39 PM #

Those embellishments are perfect with those gorgeous snowflakes!  Love that vellum!  Beautiful card! Glad you shared it at PPA!

Dawn Tidd
Dawn TiddUnited States
11/24/2015 3:30:57 PM #

Oh, so beautiful is right! This is a stunner for sure!

11/24/2015 10:33:54 PM #

Pretty, pretty, pretty!  Just the right kind of snowflakes....silvery white PAPER one!  Nah, I love snow! Bring it on!

Sandy mathis
Sandy mathisUnited States
11/25/2015 12:18:40 AM #

I only have one word: Gorgeous! So clean and elegant!

Kim Heggins
Kim HegginsUnited States
11/25/2015 12:30:44 AM #

Just beautiful. I love all the silver and white! Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

Geri G
Geri GCanada
11/25/2015 9:30:31 PM #

Beautiful, stunning, elegant, breath taking....I could go on and on! Your card is gorgeous! Fabulously 'sparkly'  in a soft and subtle way! Love it! Thanks for sharing with us at 'the challenge'  Smile

Lee Ann Barrett
Lee Ann BarrettUnited States
11/28/2015 9:53:52 PM #

What a beautiful design, Joanne!  Wow!  The silver and white is so stunning and elegant!  Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at The Challenge!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

TSEGA7FU

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!