Christmas Cuties Jingle Bell Elf

by Joanne James11. October 2015 10:00

Good morning everyone! Thank you to everyone who joined in my Halloween theme challenge over at The Paper Players last week - the gallery entries were fantastic! This week it is the turn of my fellow Brit turned American, the lovely Jaydee, to host, and she has a great colour challenge for you to play along with:

Once I'd got past wanting to make a set of traffic lights with these colours, I settled on another card using the Christmas Cuties stamp set, this time featuring the happy little elf:

I used Cucumber Crush for my card base - this is such a great bright green colour for Christmas! - and created a panel of red detail below my image, where I embossed a piece of Real Red cardstock with the Stylish Stripes embossing folder and edged it with a band of the red striped pattern from the Holiday Homes Fancy Foil Designer Vellum. Lastly, I tied my panel with a piece of Real Red striped ribbon, tied with a little jingle bell from my 'bits and bobs' drawer, just like the ones on the elf's outfit. To finish, I added a Very Vanilla circle stamped with the elf image in Archival Black and then coloured in using my aqua painter and Real Red and Cucumber Crush inks, with a little Crushed Curry for his hair and jingle bells and a touch of Pink Pirouette for his face and hands.

I love the cute little images in this set - such fun! I made another card using the same colours and a Whisper White base panel for my alternate design, which I'll share later in the week.

The Paper Players Design Team
 Jaydee
Laurie Schmidt
Nance Leedy
Sandy Mathis
Amy Koenders
Jodi McKinney
Lisa Elton
Anne Marie Hile - on leave

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than three challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

I look forward to seeing how you interpret our colour palette this week. I'm off for a morning of basketball and we still have some homework to do; we spent a chunk of yesterday visiting senior schools - can't believe in 12 months time the eldest of my James juniors will be heading off to senior school - eek! Hoping to then get some time to craft this afternoon; that would be nice!

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
10/12/2015 6:51:18 PM #

SO cute! And I just love that bell. I agree with the sentiment ,too. Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year!

10/12/2015 7:40:27 PM #

HAHA!  I think you SHOULD have made a card with traffic lights on it...what a great idea!!  But of course, this little elf is a good idea too...he's TOO cute!  Love the panel behind him and of course, the JINGLE bell!  Love it!

10/12/2015 9:55:45 PM #

Joanne, this is just so darn cute!  I love that little elf and his jingle bell is perfect!  A traffic light card could not have topped this little fellow!  He is perfect!  XX

Nance Leedy
Nance LeedyUnited States
10/14/2015 2:06:00 AM #

I agree with Claire, this little elf is so darn cute!  Perfect placement and coloring and I adore your layout.  Great accents with the striped ribbon and sweet bell too.  It's absolutely cute as a button and perfect for these colors....so much better than a traffic light (although that is very clever, indeed)!

Amy Koenders
Amy KoendersUnited States
10/15/2015 10:18:42 PM #

Love your little elf cards (I peeked at your other card too!).  The image works perfectly with the color challenge this week.  Great design!  Smile

Jodi McKinney
Jodi McKinneyUnited States
10/16/2015 1:46:09 AM #

Oh Joanne - This little elf makes my heart smile.  It brings back so many happy childhood Christmas memories.  Bravo on a fun, sentimental, beautiful card for this week's design!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
10/16/2015 4:17:25 AM #

Set of traffic lights!  OH... I hadn't even gone there but laughed my head off when I read your comment!  Your elf cards are gabulous, Joanne.  They brought such a smile to my face.  I love the fact that you contained them in there own wonderful white circle and the focus was all on the details.  Fabulous Smile
hugs
jaydee

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current November hostess code: