Christmas Cuties Angel Banner Card

by Joanne James8. October 2015 08:05

Today it's time for a new challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary and this week we have a great colour challenge for you:

Now I must confess that if your're thinking this card looks familiar, it's because I cased the layout from the current seasonal catalogue. Here's my Christmas Cutie angel card:

I used Lost Lagoon for my base, which I stamped the dots in Versamark and heat embossed in silver. I coloured a piece of the Color Me Irresistible Speciality Designer Series Paper in Lost Lagoon and layered this on a piece of silver foil, then built up my layered banners in Silver Glimmer, Perfect Plum and a silver metallic foil doily before adding my final banner of watercolour paper, onto which I stamped my angel and coloured using inks and my aquapainter. A few rhinestones, some silver glitter for my halo and silver corded trim finish my card.

There is something quite theraputic about colouring with an aquapainter; this card inspired me to colour in a few more cards too which I'll share with you in due course.

Do visit the other Design Team members to see how they used this week's challenge colours; there's lots of inspiration over on their blogs too!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

• Christmas Cuties Wood-Mount Stamp Set
  • Tip Top Taupe Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Lost Lagoon Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Lost Lagoon A4 Cardstock

Lisa Young
Lisa YoungUnited States
10/8/2015 2:09:43 PM #

Lots of lovely layers on this card! And lots of lovely details such as the glittery halo and little silver dots. Beautiful card!

Bridgette Jones
Bridgette JonesUnited States
10/8/2015 5:15:01 PM #

Your card is pure sweetness! And now that you mention it, it does look familiar but not because of the catalog but your angel really brings to mind a precious moments figurine! I love the shadow around the angel and her halo, it really gives her a 3D look. Very pretty!

Andrea W
Andrea WUnited States
10/11/2015 2:54:13 AM #

Darling card Joanne! I love how you used the colors.

Jenny Engelke
Jenny EngelkeUnited States
10/11/2015 2:36:43 PM #

Wow, Joanne!  You completely rocked the challenge colors this week!  They are a match made it heaven for this perfect little angel!  I love all the silver accents too!  Amazing job!

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
10/12/2015 5:29:50 PM #

Lovely watercoloring!  A very sweet card!  These colors are perfect for that image.  Love your silver accents!

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
10/14/2015 2:33:56 PM #

Nice case of the catalog.  Love the sparkle and glimmer on here!  We did think alike with our stamp set choice this week!

Margaret Raburn
Margaret RaburnUnited States
10/14/2015 6:14:01 PM #

Ohhh, love this card!!  I went right past it in the catalog the first few times but have since realized how adorable these little people are!  I love all the wonderful layers and your watercoloring is gorgeous!  So sweet!  Love it!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

TSEGA7FU

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!