#Birthdaysrock Masculine Birthday Card

by Joanne James1. April 2015 14:07

Time for today's creative post and I have a fun masculine card, using this week's layout over at CAS(E) This Sketch and the current challenge over at Less Is More, where the task is to combine any 3 previous challenges:

I haven't managed to play along with the lovely ladies over at Less is More for a few weeks, so today's card was a great opportunity to combine some of their previous challenges for my card - I chose:

• Week 7 - theme - masculine
  • Week 121 - recipe - humour
  • Week 127 - colour - 50 shades of grey

Here's the card I came up with:

I decided the sketch was perfect to use a small piece of DSP, something I don't often use on my LIM cards, but this card has sufficient 'white space' that I can get away with it. I love the natural patterned papers in the 'Adventure Bound' DSP stack and having seen so many with a fun 'play on words' with those pebbles, I thought it was about time I shared my version. My card really is quite simple: a base of Smoky Slate and an aperture cut using my Big Shot and the Squares Framelits - on offer as one of this week's Wednesday Weekly Deals for just £17.21, bargain! - and backed with a piece of the pebble-patterned paper (there must be at least 50 shades of grey in there!) and a simple sentiment consisting of an '@' stamped in Versamark and heat embossed in Pewter embossing powder, punched out with a 2" circle punch and popped up on some dimensionals and paired with the '#birthdaysrock' sentiment from the same #Hello stamp set, also heat embossed in pewter.

A simple yet fun card, perfect for a man with a sense of humour!

Back tomorrow with this week's card for the new Thursday Challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary. until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Kathyk
KathykUnited Kingdom
4/2/2015 9:39:49 AM #

And your card "rocks" to!

Kathyk

Sarah
SarahUnited Kingdom
4/2/2015 12:50:55 PM #

Fantastic backdrop, love the colours and your amazing choice of past challenges Joanne
thanks as always for taking part at LIM Sarah x

Chrissie
ChrissieUnited Kingdom
4/2/2015 8:03:49 PM #

That small piece of DP would be another challenge combined in this fab card Joanne... love it!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

anne
anneUnited Kingdom
4/4/2015 5:05:39 PM #

Joanne this is simply stunning, love it!
Thanks so much for combining challenges at LIM!
Anne
Less is More

sylwia
sylwiaPoland
4/18/2015 7:52:32 PM #

Stunning and very creative, love it!

Christmastime Is Here - an exclusive collection of fabulous festive florals that will be available will supplies last from November 1st!

Current November hostess code: