Happy Spring For The Paper Players

by Joanne James1. March 2015 10:00

It's Sunday and you know what that means - a new challenge over at The Paper Players. This week the lovely Laurie has a fun theme to help us shake off our Winter blues:

When I 'think Spring' I immediately think of spring pastels and flowers in bloom, so the obvious choice for my card today was one of my favourite pieces of DSP from the All Abloom DSP stack:

I love the pretty little flowers on this particular paper and wanted to showcase as much of the paper as possible. I decided it would make a great background layer for a shaker-style open window featuring some cute little die cut flowerpots that I cut from kraft and co-ordinating coloured cardstock using my Handpicked Framelit Dies. I finished one of the flowerpots with a tiny Blushing Bride baker's twine bow and used one of the Bitty Banner framelits to cut out the sentiment stamped from the 'From The Garden' stamp set and accented this with a couple of Daffodil Delight candy dots.

Before you reach for your ink pads, do visit the other design team members to see what interesting ideas they've had this week:

The Paper Players Design Team
Anne Marie Hile
 Jaydee
Laurie Schmidt
Nance Leedy
Sandy Mathis
Debbie Mageed
Karren Johnson
Shannon Jaramillo

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than three challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

I look forward to seeing your visions of Springtime in our gallery this week.

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Nance Leedy
Nance LeedyUnited States
3/1/2015 2:06:30 PM #

Joanne, you've certainly captured the colors and sweetness of spring with these sweet little blooms.  Love their dainty size and the sweet little bow is the perfect touch.  Adorable card, my friend!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
3/1/2015 2:58:20 PM #

Thanks Nance - I think this week's theme will be one to lift all our spirits with thoughts of warmer weather on the way!

Debbie Mageed
Debbie MageedUnited States
3/1/2015 4:29:30 PM #

Sweet card! I love your perfectly wonderful spring card! I don't know why it never occurs to me to play with the smaller stamps and dies. You have challenged me to do so. The DSP is perfect for spring and your little potted plants are adorable! Lovely!! t looks like you are having better weather than we are - wish you could share!

Sandy M
Sandy MUnited States
3/1/2015 10:35:36 PM #

This is adorable, Joanne! I love those cute little flower pots and the small scale of the paper. Very spring-like!

Laurie schmidt
Laurie schmidtUnited States
3/2/2015 1:15:31 AM #

I like the design of your card, and the tiny flower pots are so sweet! Your card has certainly made me think of spring!

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
3/2/2015 4:54:22 AM #

Love those itty-bitty flowers! The colors paired with the fun Designer Series Paper really create the perfect card! That itty bitty bow...ADORABLE!

KarrenJ
KarrenJNew Zealand
3/2/2015 5:08:30 AM #

These little images are adorable, Joanne!  Fabulous card and very definitely Spring-like.

3/4/2015 1:21:12 AM #

Oh, this is so sweet!  Love the springy paper you used, and what a cool sketch!  Your little flowers stand out so well!

3/5/2015 6:14:08 PM #

Joanne, this is so sweet!  I love the patterned papers and those little flower pots are adorable!  XX

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
3/6/2015 5:41:24 PM #

Aw! This paper is so sweet and delicate! The flower pots, with their blooms, are adorable! Great card, Joanne!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
3/8/2015 4:10:17 AM #

Joanne, you are so right.  Nothing says spring like pastels and flowers!  I love your little trio of potted plants!   Fabulous card.  Hugs
Jaydee

Shannon Jaramillo
Shannon JaramilloUnited States
3/8/2015 7:47:18 PM #

Such a fun card!! A perfect balance of color! I love your flower pots, with the one bow as an accent, perfect!!

Current July hostess code:

PTWMKJED

Host In June And Get Extra Rewards

Shop or host a party in June to get an extra £20 Stampin' Rewards with sales of £200+. Read more here