Painted Petals For The Paper Players

by Joanne James5. January 2015 22:06

I'm back today with a card for this week's challenge over at Pals Paper Arts, where they have this striking colour combination to play with this week:

My card today features another 'sneak peek' (only one more day to go!) - this time of a fabulous new stamp set from the new Spring-Summer seasonal catalogue called 'Painted Petals'. It's a lovely two-step stamp set that has some fabulous sentiments and was perfect for the card I had in mind today:

I used a base of Wisteria Wonder matted with Night of Navy and added a piece of silver striped vellum to this base. I stamped the flowers in Wisteria Wonder and Night of Navy on Whisper White, then stamped the sentiment in Versamark and heat-embossed in silver. I matted this stamped piece in Night of Navy and Wisteria Wonder then adhered this to my base. I added three navy candy dots to the bottom of the vellum panel to add balance to my image. I just love this stamp set and know it's one that is going to get lots more use this season.

That's all from me today - I hope you've all placed your final orders from the current Autumn-Winter catalogue and year-end closeouts, because we are all-change from tomorrow: Sale-A-Bration will be here and Spring-Summer is most definitely on its way!

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Dawn Tidd
Dawn TiddUnited States
1/6/2015 12:27:40 AM #

What a striking card, Joanne. I love the silver striped vellum and silver embossed sentiment. Thanks for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/6/2015 8:44:07 AM #

Thanks Dawn; I was really attracted to the colour combination this week, although initially struggled to get beyond Mary Fish's fabulous lotus blossom flower card! I think Painted Petals is a lovely set though and the overlaid embossed sentiment works really well.

Linda Callahan
Linda CallahanUnited States
1/6/2015 3:08:02 PM #

This is amazingly amazing!  Love the look of this new flowered set......very pretty!  So glad you shared it at PPA!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/6/2015 9:38:08 PM #

Thanks Linda - that's so kind of you to say! This is indeed a very pretty stamp set.

Kathy James
Kathy JamesUnited Kingdom
1/6/2015 6:46:12 PM #

This is lovely - so delicate.  The silver vellum really shows  the stamping off beautifully.

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/6/2015 9:39:34 PM #

Thanks Kathy - I agree and have decided I don't use vellum on cards enough!

Katy McGloin
Katy McGloinUnited States
1/6/2015 8:40:57 PM #

Beautiful card!  So very glad that you included the Pals Paper Arts color challenge in your stamping fun!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/6/2015 9:44:33 PM #

Thanks Katy! I do try and play PPA whenever I get the chance - you ladies provide great challenges and some great design inspiration.

Susan Itell
Susan ItellUnited States
1/7/2015 11:38:23 AM #

This card is simply amazing...I love the clean and crisp lines and your stamping is just perfect. The touch of vellum is so stunning. This would be a card I would have to have in my work area and just keep looking at it.....thanks for sharing your talent!

1/7/2015 11:53:26 AM #

Thanks so much Susan - that's so kind of you to say! I always think it's strange stamping flowers without any green, but I must confess this is one of those cards that I just love too!

1/7/2015 2:33:18 PM #

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  I smiled this morning when I saw you won!  Great job!  I love the vellum and the colors look amazing!  Such a clean look!  XX

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/10/2015 10:35:38 PM #

Thank you soooo much - I was thrilled to be a PPA winner this week, I loved this colour combo!

Stephanie Perry
Stephanie PerryUnited States
1/7/2015 9:07:57 PM #

Beautiful card, Joanne!  No surprise you were a pick at PPA this week.  Congratulations!!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/10/2015 10:36:08 PM #

Thanks for your kind words Stephanie - I'm so glad you like my card!

Terri Orr
Terri OrrUnited States
1/7/2015 10:20:06 PM #

This is an absolutely gorgeous card! Congrats on the PPA win!

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
1/10/2015 10:36:39 PM #

Thank you Terri - so kind of you to pop by and share your congratulations!

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current January hostess code:

BPQAZE3W

What's more, if you join between 5 January - 28 February during Sale-A-Bration, you will receive an additional 5 packs of colour designer series paper too - for FREE!

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.