Painted Harvest For The Paper Players PP414

by Joanne James14. October 2018 09:00

Did you miss me? A whole week since I last blogged: having been nurse to the men of the James household the week before, they thoughtfully shared their bugs with the girls and for the latter part of this week Rebecca and I have been suffering and feeling decidedly under the weather with streaming colds. Combined with trying to make the final preparations for my residential craft weekend next week, it's left no time for blogging. Luckily for you it's Sunday, so I've put my box of Kleenex to one side and squeezed in a little creative time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the wonderful Jaydee to host this week and she has an autumnal colour challenge for you to work with:

I immediately thought of sunflowers when I saw Jaydee's colour palette and decided to combine with the challenge over at The Card Concept and use the sketch over at CAS Colours and Sketches and got my paper snips out to do a little fussy cutting - take a look:

Painted Harvest Sunflower - Painted Harvest has been sat on my shelf and not been used for a long while, so today's card sets out to make amends. I used the mix of Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze and Mossy Meadow to create my layered bloom and double-stamped leaves and then fussy cut my flower to add dimension and interest, whilst using my leaf punch to make easy work of the leaves, adding some braided linen trim to finish.

Customised Buffalo Check - This is my first outing for the fabulous Buffalo Check background stamp that I used for my features panel on the right, which I decided to customise from the off and having stamped it in Cajun Craze on Very Vanilla, I added a line of Mossy Meadow and a line of Crushed Curry either side of this with my Stampin' Write markers to create a more colourful plaid. I can see that this is a stamp that is going to get a lot of use - so many creative possibilities!

So Subtle Texture - After stamping on my sentiment, I ran my Crushed Curry card base through the Big Shot with my Subtles Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder for added texture. It is subtle, for sure, but I am loving the additional detail that this embossing folder gives to otherwise plain backgrounds. I also stamped this sentiment from the Painted Harvest set on the inside to complete my card:

The Paper Players Design Team
Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

I can't wait to see what you create with this week's colours and look forward to visiting your blogs this week! Enjoy the rest of your weekend as it will be over all too quickly. We will be focusing all our efforts on beating the lurgy that has descended upon us in the hope that next week is a slightly more productive one! I'll be back soon with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
10/14/2018 11:33:37 AM #

So pretty! I love the gingham..looks awesome with your bloom, and is so perfect for fall!

JoAnn Burnham
JoAnn BurnhamUnited States
10/14/2018 5:47:06 PM #

Pretty card.  Love the sunflowers and the way you customized the check pattern.

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
10/14/2018 6:36:06 PM #

Joanne, hope everyone is feeling better!   I love that gorgeously colored sunflower, especially with the plaid.  Fabulous card.   Thanks for rocking my challenge this week
hugs
jaydee

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
10/14/2018 8:16:00 PM #

Winter ills are never fun. Just when I thought Spring was well-established here, we've just had a cold weekend with heavy frost so I we've not got the bugs to go with it. Love, love, love the sunflower, sitting so proudly over the base and panel. The panel is fantastic and I like the way you've made more of the checks by adding more lines of colour - you've tartanised it! Great combination of the challenges too.

Bev
BevUnited Kingdom
10/15/2018 9:11:35 PM #

Beautiful Autumnal card, lovely rich colours and wonderful use of the sketch. Thanks for joining in on the fun at CC&S. Hugs Bev x

Susan Powell
Susan PowellCanada
10/16/2018 6:34:56 AM #

I love this stamp set and you really made it come to life. Such a beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

Patricia H
Patricia HUnited States
10/16/2018 5:28:27 PM #

The combination of the sunflower with the plaid and the color scheme all works together for a stunning card!  It's perfect for autumn.  Fabulous job on this one, Joanne!  Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CC&S!  Smile

Julie Gearinger
Julie GearingerUnited States
10/16/2018 11:44:34 PM #

Gorgeous Joanne! Love the combination of the Painted Harvest set with the Buffalo Plaid background- so crisp and perfect for fall! So sorry to hear that your family has been so ill- hope all are on the mend now Smile  Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept and we look forward to seeing your artwork in our gallery again soon- hugs!

10/17/2018 3:25:03 PM #

I love this, Joanne!  I especially love how you customized the Buffalo Check...I have been wanting to do that too and you've given me extra incentive, now that I've seen yours!  OF COURSE I love Painted Harvest, and it's perfect for the challenge!

10/17/2018 9:46:58 PM #

First, I am sooooo sorry you have all been sick!  That is such a bummer!  Hope all of you are back to what passes for normal!  Now, on to this amazing card!!!!!!  WOW!!!!!!!  I love the buffalo checks!  I need this stamp!!!!!  I love that sunflower, too!  I have this set, so I feel a CAS coming on!  Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!!!!!!!!!!  Take care of yourself and good luck with your craft retreat!  HUGS!  XX

10/17/2018 9:47:53 PM #

AND-----that envelop is gorgeous!  What HAPPY mail for someone special!  XX

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
10/18/2018 3:04:11 AM #

Oh, Joanne! I LOVE the flower against the Buffalo Plaid. This is a perfect card for this color challenge...and a perfect fall card. The coordinating envelope is stunning. Wonderful!

sandym
sandymUnited States
10/19/2018 10:15:04 PM #

Joanne, I love all your creations and this one is no exception. The combination of sunflowers, plaid and twine work so well together. Such a wonderful country feel!

Elizabeth Stewart
Elizabeth StewartUnited States
10/19/2018 11:46:08 PM #

Fabulous sunflower!!!! Love it.

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
10/20/2018 3:17:08 AM #

Love what you did to showcase the Buffalo Check, looks like we were on the same page this week. Ha! I love how you used the colors, too. Smile

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current February hostess code:

N7UTJ3DY

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Co-ordination Product Release

Step up your co-ordination game by purchasing these exclusive products that co-ordinate with Sale-A-Bration and Spring mini catalogue items. There is no limit to how many you can order, but they are only available 4 February - 31st march whilst supplies last! Read more here.