There's No Happy Like Holiday Happy Christmas Card

by Joanne James8. November 2014 21:14

Today has been a busy day full of highs and lows: a poorly boy at home and a central heating boiler that has packed up and won't be fixed until early next week, but also a pleasant Ladies Afternoon at a local salon and a fun-filled evening at our annual Bonfire and Fireworks Display at school. All in all a busy one and a late blog, so I'd best get on with today's card! Today's creation uses this week's sketch over at Mojo Monday combined with the colour challenge over at Create With Connie and Mary:

I really liked this sketch and thought the colour combination was an interesting one, as I wouldn't normally choose to combine blue with red on a Christmas card, so I wanted to have a play and see if I could make it work. Here is my card:

I used Cherry Cobbler for my base and added a strip of Lost Lagoon followed by a piece of Whisper White trimmed on one side with the Scallop Border Punch and overlaid with a piece of white and Cherry Cobbler patterned paper from the Trim the Tree DSP paper stack. To create the pennant banner, I stamped the 'Holiday Happy' stamp from the Mingle All The Way stamp set and coloured it with my Lost Lagoon marker and Cherry Cobbler and Smoky Slate Blendabilities. I added a strip of All is Calm washi tape the the top of the pennant and added a few rhinestones coloured with my Stampin' Up! Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities markers and stamped the 'Happy' banner a second time on a scrap of Whisper white cardstock, which I then cut out with my paper snips and popped on a couple of dimensionals for a little extra interest. To finish, I added a piece of Lost Lagoon Silky Taffeta Ribbon tied in a bow.

I rather like the finished look of today's card and this colour combo is certainly one I would consider using again.

Back tomorrow with my design card for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players.

Until then, happy stampin'!

Lisa Young
Lisa YoungUnited States
11/9/2014 11:12:41 PM #

I love the way you chose to color the sentiment and of course the rhinestones are a nice sparkly extra! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

Deb
DebUnited States
11/11/2014 2:16:40 AM #

This is fantastic! Love your clean and crisp card! The colors are super and I love all the details! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Lisa Martz
Lisa MartzUnited States
11/11/2014 4:11:33 AM #

I really like your card.  The greeting is so much fun and you did a great job coloring it!  Love the ribbon and washi tape.  Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary color challenge this week!

Mary Brown
Mary BrownUnited States
11/11/2014 12:41:38 PM #

Ooooooo.....I LOVE how your banner turned out!  The coloring is just FABULOUS!!!  So many wonderful small details.  Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
11/11/2014 10:03:44 PM #

LOVE all the details on here!  The multi colored greeting is a wonderful highlight on this fun card!   Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Margaret Raburn
Margaret RaburnUnited States
11/12/2014 4:56:02 AM #

I'm so glad you dove right into this challenge because your card is just delightful!  I love how you used the scallop DSP and also the scallop punch to emphasize it!   Lovely coloring on your banner and love how you popped up the additional "Happy" banner, so cute!  Thanks for joining us this week for the color challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current November hostess code:

469YSGD2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!

Share joy with the global Joy To The World Paper Pumpkin Kit! Available 3 November whilst stocks last!