Holiday Home Meets Nordic Noel Christmas Card

by Joanne James13. September 2014 20:40

Back to my blog today after a couple of days absence; I've had a lot on these past few days and it's taken me until today to get back with it! At least now it's the weekend and today has seemed altogether more peaceful. I managed to make a card today with this week's challenge over at Merry Monday in mind; I also used the sketch over at CAS Colours and Sketches for my layout:

I was so inspired by the gallery cards over at Merry Monday this week - love all those cars and trucks transporting Christmas trees - that I wanted to have a go. Only problem is - I don't have a single car stamp. So I decided to think laterally and decided to use the santa sleigh and reindeer stamp from the 'Holiday Home' set - here is my card:

I actually turned the sketch upside down, so that I could use the reindeer and sleigh as the arched element of the design - the 'Holiday Home' stamp set is photopolymer so it's really easy to curve the stamp to look as if it was flying across the roof of the last house. I stamped the sleigh and sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed in Whisper White so that it would really stand out against the Soft Sky central panel. I edged the top of this with two thin stripes of Real Red and Whisper White respectively to add definition then used a piece of the snow pattern from the All is Calm DSP for the top section. For the bottom section, I fussy cut a row of houses from the Nordic Noel DSP - I love the bright colours in this paper and the little houses have such pretty designs.

I hope you like today's card; back tomorrow with my Design Team card for The Paper Players.

Until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Barbara Roe
Barbara RoeUnited States
9/13/2014 10:18:10 PM #

Such a cute card and very creative. Fussy cutting the DSP was a great idea.

9/21/2014 9:53:46 PM #

Thanks Barbara - I'm really pleased with the way the cutting out looked, it worked better than stamping the houses for this card.

Jen Mitchell
Jen MitchellUnited States
9/14/2014 12:59:59 AM #

Such a pretty card!  I love seeing Santa and his sleigh riding above the city!  Nice way to incorporate some transportation into your design!  Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

9/21/2014 9:54:20 PM #

Thanks Jen - glad you like it, my transportation options were limited!

Jacqueline Dee
Jacqueline DeeUnited Kingdom
9/14/2014 2:14:40 PM #

A lovely festive card and a great take on our sketch this week at CC&S - thanks for joining in - Jacqueline xx

9/21/2014 9:54:56 PM #

Thanks Jacqueline - a fun sketch this week!

Nina
NinaCanada
9/14/2014 3:49:18 PM #

Lovely card Joanne, you used such pretty colours.  Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

9/21/2014 9:55:20 PM #

Thanks Nina - the Nordic Noel paper really is so colourful!

karen h
karen hUnited States
9/14/2014 7:41:28 PM #

Adorable! Creative use of the sketch with the santa image!!  Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

9/21/2014 9:56:04 PM #

Thanks Karen - unusual I know, but the sketch was very inspiring! Glad you like it.

Patricia H
Patricia HUnited States
9/17/2014 1:43:40 PM #

I like your unique take on our sketch!  It's a fun and festive card.  Thanks for sharing it with us at CAS Colours & Sketches! Smile

9/21/2014 9:57:02 PM #

Thanks Patricia - a perfect opportunity to tick another Christmas card off my list!

Louise J van Vuren
Louise J van VurenUnited Kingdom
9/23/2014 6:27:55 PM #

Love how you used Santa's sleigh image  for the curve, absolutely fab use of the sketch and very CAS. Thanks for playing along with our challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches

Louise xx

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

TSEGA7FU

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!