Flowers For Every Season Misty Moonlight Sunflower Card PP497

by Joanne James28. June 2020 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of sweet Claire to host this week and she has my favourite, a sketch challenge for you to work with:

With all these lovely layers I decided Claire's sketch was perfect to showcase some designer series paper. Lots to choose from, but I eventually settled on the Flowers For Every Season paper again - I've been having so much fun with these floral designs. This is what I came up with:

Flowers For Every Season - I chose two co-ordinating patterns with a Misty Moonlight background for today's card - I love this blue and I've been itching to use this sunflower floral pattern. This paper contains four of the five new in-colours, so is also perfect for the current challenge over at Fab Friday, where the aim is to use one or more of these new colours. These papers really are the star of my card and I wanted them to be prominent; I used the Flowers For All Season twine to represent the vertical panel/column so that it wouldn't detract from or obscure the florals beneath.

A Wish For Everything - The sentiment on this card could be used for a number of different occasions and it is definitely one of my favourites in the 'A Wish For Everything' set.

Memories and More - I added a co-ordinating floral embellishment from the Flowers For Every Season Memories and More pack to my stitched rectangle sentiment panel, with a twist of Cinnamon Cider ribbon beneath it for added decoration. Here's a closer look:

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; we have no big plans today, just a day of pottering around the house and some cooking - we have some new recipes that we would like to try out, so that should be fun.  I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
6/28/2020 5:53:05 PM #

Joanne, I love the soft blue and yellow and that fabulous sentiment.  A perfect summer card and a wonderful use of the sketch
hugs
jaydee

6/28/2020 6:22:22 PM #

Joanne, this is gorgeous!  I love the soft blue and yellow!  Sunflowers are a favorite of mine!  Your card is so summery and shows off my sketch beautifully!  That ribbon is just gorgeous, too!  Thanks for making my sketch shine, My Friend!  Have a great week!

Allisa
AllisaUnited States
6/29/2020 5:24:31 PM #

Such a gorgeous card, love the color scheme!

Heather H
Heather HUnited States
6/29/2020 6:57:23 PM #

Ooo, LOVE the Misty Moonlight feature - what a gorgeous layout!  I was overwhelmed by all the flowers in this paper, but you've managed it perfectly!  Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Stef Perry
Stef PerryUnited States
6/30/2020 8:38:03 PM #

Your card is so beautiful Joanne, with that gorgeous new blue in the dsp and pretty sunflowers, and the sentiment is so touching!   It's great you could keep it easy as well, with the pretty floral ephemera!

LEANNE M PUGLIESE
LEANNE M PUGLIESEUnited States
7/1/2020 8:15:31 PM #

I love these papers and this blue is my favorite of the new In Colors!  Love how you used the twine and the ribbon!  Gorgeous!

Mary Deatherage
Mary DeatherageUnited States
7/3/2020 1:26:00 AM #

Wow - this is stunning, Joanne!  Love those papers - I think this is one of my fave new sets!!  Perfectly designed to let them do their wonderful thing! Smile

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
7/4/2020 12:50:17 AM #

Beautiful, Joanne! These papers paired together are perfect. LOVE this set!

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
7/4/2020 2:58:51 AM #

We had sunflowers on the mind this week, my friend! I love the beautiful mix of patterns and the added textre from the Cinnamon Cider ribbon. I always forget to use the M&M packs. This is wonderful inspiration. Hope you had a great week! Hugs!

Current July hostess code:

WPMS44B7

Bonus Days Are Back!

Spend £45 or more in July and receive a £4.50 voucher to use against August purchases. Read more here