Triple Layered Punched Flower Hello

by Joanne James5. July 2014 16:08

Not quite the early card I'd hoped for today - no time between the theatre and swimming gala, but I'm here now! Today's card is made with the challenge over at Fusion in mind. I saw the inspiration photo and just had to have a go - I love the bold poppies and stripes on that dress!

I decided the sketch wasn't for me so went with my own layout and this is what I came up with:

A bright and cheery 'hello' card, with a Real Red punched and layered flower set against the bold black and blue striped background. Wondering where I found my DSP? It's actually a piece of the retired Kaleidescope DSP which was originally black and white striped; I simply sponged the white stripes with Pacific Point ink to achieve the look I was after. Not a task for the faint-hearted - my hands were so blue afterwards I looked like I'd been Smurfed, but I was really pleased with the effect so it was worth it. I then finished it off with a simple 'hello' greeting (from the retired 'Simply Celebrate' stamp set) stamped in Versamark and heat embossed in black so that it would stand out against the striped background. A few blue candy dots just finish things off.

That's all from me today; back tomorrow with my first Design Team card for the Paper Players. until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Sherrie M.
Sherrie M.United States
7/7/2014 3:13:55 PM #

Great take on the inspiration colors at FUSION. LOVE it Joanne! Gonna have to bust out my diagonal cover plate soon....

7/7/2014 9:43:17 PM #

Thanks Sherrie - I love bold cards like this, they're the kind I like to receive so always fun to create!

Michelle W
Michelle WAustralia
7/14/2014 4:54:45 AM #

I love that big bold red flower! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

7/16/2014 9:30:20 PM #

Thanks Michelle - you had me at the photo inspiration this week!

Kimberly Wiener
Kimberly WienerUnited States
7/15/2014 3:16:12 AM #

Super sweet stripes, so lovely!!!!  Thanks so much for being inspired, and sharing your lovely creation with us at FUSION, really hope that you join us again!!!

7/16/2014 9:31:17 PM #

Thanks Kimberley - I just loved that dress in the inspiration photo this week! Look forward to playing along with Fusion again sometime!

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current February hostess code:

QJBRZGPT

What's more, if you join between 5 January - 28 February during Sale-A-Bration, you will receive an additional 5 packs of colour designer series paper too - for FREE!

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.