Special Announcement: I'm a Designer over at Colour Me...! Card Challenge

by Joanne James2. July 2014 08:00

A big day today and a special announcement for me here on my blog, although if you are a follower of Colour Me...! and read last Sunday's post you will know this already: Hayley and Tara, the lovely ladies over at Colour Me ...! Card Challenge, have asked me to join their design team for the next 6 months - how great is that?!

Along with Hayley, Tara, Claire, Julia and Sherrie I will be sharing a new card each week that showcases the colour theme to give you lots of ideas and inspiration of ways in which you can use Stampin' Up!'s exclusive colours. For my first week, we are using a monochromatic colour scheme, with possibly my favourite new in-colour this year, Blackberry Bliss, as the star of the show. Here is the challenge image:

Here is the card that I created:

I decided to go with a three panel design featuring the foliage stamp from the new 'Blooming with Hope' hostess stamp set, alternating between stamping the images in Blackberry Bliss on Whisper White cardstock and stamping in Versamark onto a panel of Blackberry Bliss cardstock and heat embossing with white embossing powder. There are some great hostess sets in the new annual catalogue - if you ever needed an incentive to host a party, real or virtual, this catalogue has plenty to tempt; do get in touch if you would like to host one and get your hands on this set too! Back to my card: I mounted the central stamped image on a slightly larger mat of Whisper White so that it would still stand out against the Blackerry Bliss card base and stamped the sentiment directly onto the card and heat embossed that in white too. I raised the central image panel using dimensional so that it would both stand out and to enable me to easily tie some of the gorgeous new Blackberry Bliss Satin Stitched Ribbon around it - LOVE this ribbon! Apart from adding a little extra colour to the berries on the stamped images using a Blackberry Bliss and a chalk marker respectively, I didn't do anything more to them. This kind of card could be used for all kinds of occasions and I decided to make it a sympathy card as it was neutral enough to be elegant yet understated and perfect when you need this type of card.

If you came to my blog via the Colour Me...! challenge blog page and are visiting for the first time a big 'welcome' to you; if you are one of my regular readers why not hop on over to the Colour Me...! page to see what delights the other ladies have in store this week and better still, have a go at entering your own monochromatic Blackberry Bliss card into our challenge this week.

That's all from me today; back tomorrow with another project. until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Hayley's Paper Garden
Hayley's Paper GardenCanada
7/6/2014 2:39:03 AM #

Joanne this is beautiful! So happy to have you on the team Smile

7/6/2014 9:55:41 PM #

Thanks Hayley - I am delighted to be working with such a talented bunch of ladies!

7/6/2014 9:35:06 PM #

Your card is beautiful, Joanne!  I have admired your work for so long.  I am so excited to be working with you and the team at Colour Me!  XX

7/6/2014 9:58:45 PM #

Thanks Claire, that's so kind of you! Likewise - I think we are going to have a lot of fun working together over the coming months!

Julia
JuliaGermany
7/7/2014 2:48:08 PM #

Love the card, Joanne! I always hope I'll never (or not anytime soon) have to make a sympathy card, but yours is just perfect for such an occasion. Looking forward to be crafting with you over at Colour Me…!

Sherrie M.
Sherrie M.United States
7/7/2014 3:14:45 PM #

Nicely done Joanne! Looking forward to creating with you this year at Colour Me!

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current February hostess code:

N7UTJ3DY

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Co-ordination Product Release

Step up your co-ordination game by purchasing these exclusive products that co-ordinate with Sale-A-Bration and Spring mini catalogue items. There is no limit to how many you can order, but they are only available 4 February - 31st march whilst supplies last! Read more here.