Smile Says The Mouse!

by Joanne James17. April 2014 10:00

As promised, today I have the second of the cards I made for this week's sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch - I saw this layout and couldn't resist another interpretation. This time I also combined it with the colour challenge over at Dynamic Duos:

This card is altogether more fun than yesterday's - take a look and you'll see what I mean:

I had the idea that if the squares were circles, the little mouse from the 'Life in the Forest' stamp set could play 'peek a boo' as if he was in a block of Swiss cheese (something of a graphic interpretation, given that the circles are identically sized and placed, but hopefully you can see what I mean!) I stamped the mice onto Whisper White and simply punched out with my 1" circle punch so that only parts of them were showing, and I mounted these onto circles of Wisteria Wonder only slightly larger that I cut with my Circle Framelits. I coloured the mice with my Wisteria Wonder and So Saffron inks and a blender pen and finished the card with the sentiment 'smile' - well, I didn't have one that says 'chuckle', which is what I was doing as I coloured these little fellas so this was the next best thing :-)

I hope you like my fun take-two on the sketch; back tomorrow with my entry for this week's Paper Players challenge (and yes, it was a challenge indeed!) Until then, I'm off to the theatre with Ben this morning whilst Rebecca is on a swimming course and my dear husband is having to monitor the bathroom fitter who is replacing a floor tile that has been booked to do the job for some 14 months - hopefully today is (finally) the day!

Until then, happy stampin'!

Nicola Dexter
Nicola DexterUnited Kingdom
4/17/2014 10:48:04 AM #

Joanne - this is just too cute! LOVE it x

4/17/2014 4:36:46 PM #

Thanks Nicola - I just couldn't resist Smile !

Leigh Penner
Leigh PennerCanada
4/17/2014 5:49:33 PM #

Oh, this totally made me smile! Super sweet take on the sketch!

4/17/2014 8:30:56 PM #

Thanks Leigh - so glad you liked my fun card!

Annette Elliott
Annette ElliottUnited States
4/17/2014 6:40:35 PM #

Oh my....this is too darn cute!  Love this so much! Such a cute card! :0 Thanks for sharing with us at Dynamic Duos! Happy Stamping!

4/17/2014 8:39:16 PM #

Thanks Annette - so glad you like my cute mouse! The Dynamic Duos colour combo was just perfect for my idea this week!

Jen W.
Jen W.bm
4/18/2014 12:48:00 AM #

Joanne, this is adorable and totally made me giggle!  Laughing  Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

4/19/2014 9:54:11 PM #

Loved the sketch Jen - it's a keeper! Glad I made you smile x

Sarah Fleming
Sarah FlemingUnited States
4/18/2014 6:08:06 AM #

Oh my goodness, this is so adorable! Brilliantly done. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

4/19/2014 9:54:41 PM #

Thanks Sarah - so glad you liked it!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current September hostess code:

ZMKAG7P2

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!