Happy Birthday Party Hats

by Joanne James18. January 2014 20:52

Well it's the weekend and in our house that can only mean one thing - even more Lego on the living room floor than during the week! This morning we even paid a visit to the Lego store to spend some of the money that James' juniors received at Christmas, so we've further added to the total brick count. I would share a picture of the living room floor, but to be honest I'm embarrassed at the state of it; at least I'm out at team training all day tomorrow, so I can pretend it's neat and tidy whilst I'm gone :-)

Anyway, today's card is my entry for this week's Pals Paper Arts challenge. This week it's a sketch by the very talented Margaret Moody:

This is something of a classic sketch, as it's a layout that can be used for all kinds of occasions. I decided I was in need of a bright card today, so went with this bold and cheerful birthday card:

I let the bold and bright 'Birthday Basics' DSP pattern take centre stage with its colourful party hats. Instead of leaving my vertical band straight, I decided to echo the scallop trim seen on some of the hats and create a layered strip that I cut with the Large Scallop Edgelit - it reminded me of party streamers too (I know, I have a vivid imagination!) I finished off with a sentiment from the 'Label Love' set stamped in Raspberry Ripple and punched with the Artisan Label Punch, then layered on another two pieces of punched cardstock in co-ordinating colours.

I really like this card, as it's as versatile as the layout and would suit either a boy or a girl. Don't forget to check out how the design team over at the Pals interpreted this week's sketch for lots more card making inspiration.

Back tomorrow with all the latest news from training and a picture of my swaps. Until then, happy stampin'!

Table built using Stampin' Up! Product Table Builder from The Crafty Owl.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Michelle Gleeson
Michelle GleesonUnited States
1/18/2014 9:50:28 PM #

I love the Rich Razzleberry with the Summer Starfruit they totally pull all the elements of the card together.  Thanks for playing with the pals this week.

1/19/2014 10:39:42 PM #

Thanks Michelle; the Raspberry Ripple and the yellow are a great colour combination. A great sketch from Margaret this week!

Patti MacLeith
Patti MacLeithUnited States
1/22/2014 1:24:22 AM #

So darn cute! What a fun birthday card. Thanks for joining the Pals this week!

1/22/2014 9:42:01 AM #

Thanks Patti - those hats just make you want to party, don't they?!

Sandra Conner
Sandra ConnerUnited States
1/22/2014 3:21:41 AM #

Great birthday card, so festive!  Thanks for having fun with the Pals this week.

1/22/2014 9:42:59 AM #

Thanks Sandra - another great Pals challenge this week!

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current January hostess code: