Get Well Soon for The Paper Players PP178

by Joanne James15. January 2014 20:43

A quick post from me today! With all the coughs and colds that are ever-present in our house at the moment, I thought I would take the opportunity today to create a get well soon card. Here is my card:

I used my Stampin' Write Markers to ink up the flowers on my 'Wildflower Meadow' stamp, leaving out the dots and replacing the bird with the sentiment. I then simply embossed the coloured image and mounted using the Coastal Cabana blue as my accent colour. I took the colours from this week's challenge over at 'The Paper Players' as the inspiration for my card:

I actually found it tricky to work with four different colours and did break the 'blue and green should never be seen without a colour in between' rule with this one, but I like it!

Back tomorrow with a one layer card: until then, happy stampin'!

Table built using Stampin' Up! Product Table Builder from The Crafty Owl.

LeAnne
LeAnneUnited States
1/16/2014 1:47:49 AM #

This is a beauty, Joanne!  I am glad you had the patience to color those flowers individually....I am afraid I don't have that patience!  Thanks so much for playing with my colors this week!  AND...I love your little "Product Table Builder" thingie at the end of your blog....I am intrigued by how you did that!

1/16/2014 9:41:47 AM #

Thanks LeAnne - sometimes colouring like this is therapy for me! I love that you can use this stamp in so many ways - it looks great stamped in one colour too for a quick card Smile I'll send you some information over on the "Product Table Builder" - it is such a timesaver for daily SU bloggers! xx

Cathi
CathiUnited States
1/16/2014 12:25:07 PM #

Beautiful card! This is the best use of this embossing folder that I have seen!

1/16/2014 2:48:10 PM #

Thank you Cathi - that's so sweet of you to say!

Kit Marie
Kit MarieUnited States
1/16/2014 6:15:07 PM #

Love the soft beauty of this card.  Works nicely for a get well greeting.

1/17/2014 9:55:47 AM #

Thank you Kit Marie - this stamp is one of those great versatile stamps that you can do so much with.

Nance Leedy
Nance LeedyUnited States
1/17/2014 3:40:23 PM #

Fabulous stamp set for these colors!  Why didn't I think of that, lol?!  Love how you've colored the stamp with all these colors and replacing the bird with the sentiment is genius!  Great job and so glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

1/17/2014 7:07:24 PM #

Thanks Nancy - if it makes you feel any better, I had several aborted attempts with other stamps and these colours before deciding on this one!!

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current October hostess code:

GVMFEJQ4

The Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine (standard size) Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today.

Paper Pumpkin Is Here!