Two For One - Times Two!

by Joanne James14. January 2014 12:51

Well, it had to happen - I successfully shared my cold with my daughter, who as a result is off school today feeling considerably down in the dumps! Even a bonus dose of 'Animal Rescue' on TV can't make up for missing two of her favourite lessons of the week - Art and PE. I'm sure a couple of days in the warm to catch up on some sleep and get things under control will help no end. As for me - my day is not quite turning out as planned, although this does mean one thing - an early blog post for a change!

The title of my post today is 'Two For One - Time Two' for two reasons: I am entering today's card into two challenges, and I also used two different flower sets to create my pattern. So, here is my card:

My card layout was inspired by this week's sketch challenge at Create with Connie and Mary CCMC285 - here is the sketch:

My colour combination was inspired by the current colour combination over at Dynamic Duos DD#85 - Summer Starfruit and Garden Green:

So here's a confession for you: I've had a Garden Green inkpad for 12 months and the first time I broke the seal on it was yesterday to make this card!! Whilst I use Garden Green card occasionally, I don't use Regals collection ink pads very often at all (Cherry Cobbler being the notable exception, of course). I have one other ink pad in this collection still in it's cellophane too; any guesses as to which one?! For a first time use, I quite like this colour combination. And for my other combination - did you spot which flower stamp sets my pattern came from? The yellow flower is from the 'Petal Parade' set that will be available during Sale-A-Bration at the end of the month and the green one is from 'Mixed Bunch'. I toyed with embellishing my flower centres, but decided against it, instead using three candy dots to 'anchor' my banner in place.

I'm off to replenish the tissue box and hopefully make a start on swaps for team training this weekend.

Back tomorrow with another card; until then, happy stampin'!

Table built using Stampin' Up! Product Table Builder from The Crafty Owl.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Cards | Stamping

Deb
DebUnited States
1/15/2014 1:18:41 AM #

Very pretty colors!! Love the use of the stamp sets! Such a great clean and simple card! The three candy dots work perfectly for an accent! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

1/15/2014 8:31:19 PM #

Thanks for the kind comments Deb - I quite liked the colour combination too.

Mary Brown
Mary BrownUnited States
1/15/2014 2:04:52 PM #

LOVE your colors and LOVE the use of this set with the sketch!  WONDERFUL CAS card!  Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

1/15/2014 8:33:03 PM #

Thank you Mary  - I'm a big fan of sketch challenges, it's the colour ones I find more tricky though! Love the CCMC challenge - it is my aim to play along regularly this year.

Connie Babbert
Connie BabbertUnited States
1/15/2014 4:05:09 PM #

What great colors and stamp set to use for this sketch!  So pretty and cheerful.  Hope everyone is getting back to normal after being sick.  Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

1/15/2014 8:37:46 PM #

Thank you Connie for your kind comments on the card and family - we are all improving slowly, but it hasn't yet completely done the rounds - here's hoping the boys remain unscathed! Love the Create With Connie and Mary Challenge - you all provide fantastic design inspiration.

Caroline B.
Caroline B.Canada
1/15/2014 5:49:51 PM #

Love your tumbling blossoms and the yummy coordinating candy dots. Hope your Garden Green inkpad sees more action--its great for spring-time projects. thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duos this fortnight!

1/15/2014 8:39:46 PM #

Thanks Caroline - I find colour challenges quite difficult, but this one will certainly encourage more use of Garden Green! Lots of great inspiration over at Dynamic Duos this week.

Debbie Henderson
Debbie HendersonUnited States
1/16/2014 12:30:06 AM #

Great way to use the new Sale-A-Bration set and the color combination looks great! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary this week!

1/16/2014 9:35:59 AM #

Thanks Debbie - it's nice to mix the new with the old favourites sometimes!

Margaret Raburn
Margaret RaburnUnited States
1/16/2014 5:14:41 PM #

I've grown to love this SAB set!  I really like the colors you've used... so bright and cheery!  The candy dots anchor your banner perfectly!  Lovely card!  Thanks for joining us for the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge this week!

1/17/2014 10:09:31 AM #

I know what you mean Margaret. This set didn't initially jump out at me, yet it is my most used SAB set to date - funny how that happens!

Michelle Bala
Michelle BalaUnited States
1/17/2014 3:04:11 AM #

I love your beautiful and crips stamping, Joanne! This is just my style! Thanks for joining DD!

1/17/2014 10:44:51 AM #

Thanks Michelle, glad you liked my card. Looking forward to more DD colour combinations!

Sale-A-Bration 2020

Shop, host, join - during Sale-A-Bration there's never been a better time! Offers valid until 31st March, whilst supplies last. Download your copy of the Sale-A-Bration leaflet by clicking on the image above.

Ever thought about becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?For £99, you can create your own starter kit worth £130. During Sale-Bration, you will also receive a mini paper cutter, a 6"x6" Designer Series paper Sampler pack and a stamp set of your choice! Stampin' Up! has something for everyone: join my growing team and benefit from my support to enjoy Stampin' Up! however you choose.

Current January hostess code: