Festive Flurry Merry Monday Challenge

by Joanne James18. October 2013 21:06

I know, you're probably thinking 'Merry Monday? It's only Friday!' I'm not wishing away my weekend, far from it. Rather today's card is another Christmas card made with the challenge over at Always Playing with Paper in mind. The challenge was to use blues, grey/silver and white and snowflakes:

I've been wanting to use a sketch layout I saw over at the Paper Pal Arts site a little while ago; here's the card I made:

I used Pool Party for the base of my card and layered with Island Indigo and Smoky Slate and some of the Winter Frost DSP for the top layer. My design is anchored with a lovely Festive Flurry layered snowflake , which is stamped Whisper White on Pool Party cardstock for the first layer, Island Indigo on Whisper White for the second layer and then Metallic Silver on Whisper White for the top layer, finished with a single Island Indigo candy dot - I love these! Here's a close up of the snowflake, with the shimmery metallic silver finish (that is very difficult to photograph!):

This photo shows the build of layers of the snowflake - this set is so good for this and the framelits make cutting out so easy:

I finished the inside by stamping this verse from the Christmas Messages set:

As of today the James Juniors are on half term for two weeks. We have lots of homework to do, but I am relieved to be having a break from some of the challenges and routine of school life and looking forward to having fun with some pre-Christmas activities of our own. I'm also looking forward to another of my special project classes this weekend; I have a group of lovely ladies coming to make Christmas banners using the Build a Banner kit. Check out my Facebook page tomorrow if you would like a 'sneak peak'; otherwise I will be sharing the completed banners next week.

Back tomorrow with another project; until then, happy stampin'!

Stampin' Up Supplies Used:

Big Shot Die-Cut Machine - by Stampin' Up!Festive Flurry Clear-Mount BundleMagnetic PlatformChristmas Messages Clear-mount Stamp SetWinter Frost Designer Series Paper Stack

Island Indigo Classic Stampin' PadWhisper White Craft Stampin' Pad - by Stampin' Up!Silver Metallic Encore PadRegals Candy Dots

Bonnie
BonnieUnited States
10/20/2013 2:57:05 PM #

This is so pretty with the pretty paper and layered snowflake, Joanne! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

10/20/2013 8:48:55 PM #

Thanks Bonnie - there were some great DT cards as inspiration this week, I couldn't resist.

Mikki Sarkisyan
Mikki SarkisyanUnited States
10/20/2013 5:24:06 PM #

Beautiful Christmas card and layout....love the layered snowflake and colors!! Also great photo..what do you use to take pictures?

Marie Bingaman
Marie BingamanUnited States
10/20/2013 5:26:10 PM #

Your card is stunning!  Smile

10/20/2013 8:49:40 PM #

Thanks Marie - the DT cards proved a great inspiration this week.

Mikki Sarkisyan
Mikki SarkisyanUnited States
10/20/2013 5:28:10 PM #

Beautiful Christmas card and love the layered snowflakes!! Also great photo...what do you use to take pictures?

10/20/2013 8:46:34 PM #

Hi Mikki. I smiled when I read your comment as most often the answer is "my husband"! He wanted me to take a picture of him as the reply Smile Our camera of choice though, operator aside, is a Canon EOS D5 Digital SLR. I also take most shots in a light tent on a white background. Hope this is useful.

Nina
NinaCanada
10/20/2013 6:18:46 PM #

Very pretty card Joanne, your snowflake is gorgeous and the papers you used are lovely. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

10/20/2013 8:50:13 PM #

Thanks Nina - looking forward to many more Merry Monday challenges.

Lesley Croghan
Lesley CroghanCanada
10/20/2013 7:49:10 PM #

What a gorgeous card you have created! I love the simple layout and the pretty papers. Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

10/20/2013 8:51:13 PM #

Thanks Lesley - I've only just discovered Merry Monday but some great inspiration here and I hope to come and play again.

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current August hostess code:

CVAQTGE2

Spend Your Bonus Day Coupons!

Spend your £4.50 vouchers earned in July on your Stampin' Up! purchases before 31st August.

Paper Pumpkin Is Coming!