Easter Bunny Punch Art Card and Gift Box

by Joanne James31. March 2013 21:43

I hope everyone has been enjoying a lovely Easter day, with plenty of chocolate eggs thrown in! This is my last Easter offering to share with you all and was inspired by one of my other hobbies - biscuit making. I recently enjoyed a fun day out with a friend at the Biscuiteers Icing Cafe in Notting Hill, where we spent a pleasant morning icing Easter bunnies in various poses, spring lambs and Easter eggs. My favourite was a lovely pale brown bunny with floppy ears, that shows him from behind with an iced bunny tail - he inspired this punch art bunny card, which shows him with a couple of friends:

I love the simple design with the polka dot paper and oval framelits, with just a touch of colour to each bunny tail to make them 'pop'. I didn't add a sentiment because although this card was for Easter, I wanted it to be able to use it for any occasion. My biscuits from that day are all long gone but I have the same cutter to make more at home and so designed a co-ordinating gift box, which is just the right size for a similar biscuit to fit in and would make a lovely gift for someone special:

I just made a simple shallow box with a Whisper White base and Marina Mist lid using my Simply Scored, then attached the punched bunny oval to a belly band made from the reverse side to the spots on the card, which just holds the box securely together. Next time I make one of these I'll try and include a photo of the biscuit too, although they don't hang around for long in our house, it has to be said!

Back tomorrow with thoughts of spring - until then, eat lots of chocolate and happy stampin'!

Stampin' Up Supplies:

Cardstock: Marina Mist, Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Crumb Cake, Polka Dots Parade DSP

Tools: Owl Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Ornament Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch (flower), Oval Framelits, Simply Scored

Finishing Touches: 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon Marina Mist, Basics Pearls

terri stewart
terri stewartUnited States
2/22/2015 4:41:43 PM #

How did you make the ears for these bunnies? I'd love to make this card! Thanks for sharing

Paula Carson
Paula CarsonUnited States
3/3/2015 7:04:45 PM #

Hi Joanne,
I am trying to make your bunnies that are on the card.

Can you tell me the punches that were used for the small bunnies.
Thanks.

Paula
PaulaUnited States
3/3/2015 11:42:10 PM #

On the small bunny card did you use the 3/4" and 1" punches.  Ears?

emeraldbkt
emeraldbktUnited States
6/5/2015 3:48:17 PM #

love the items in this blog.  Did you respond to the question about the ears?  Is it a leaf punch?

Joanne JamesUnited Kingdom
6/5/2015 6:44:42 PM #

Thanks! Just realised I didn't respond to the question about the ears - they were punched using the 1" circle punch. I punched a circle, attached it to a post-it note then fed it back into the punch to get the ear shape. Hope that makes sense!

Current June hostess code:

NSKDEXBA

Host In June And Get Extra Rewards

Shop or host a party in June to get an extra £20 Stampin' Rewards with sales of £200+. Read more here

During June you can also choose any additional stamp/tool bundle from the new catalogue - FOR FREE!