Ornate Garden Thank You Cards

by Joanne James29. March 2021 10:00

Today I'm sharing a couple of cards that I was meant to share on Saturday but having had a frustrating afternoon of creativity, ran out of time so thought I'd squeeze them in today! Jen Timko has a great sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches this week and I so wanted to play along:

I had been using one of the patterns in the Ornate Garden DSP pack, originally for my Paper Players card, although I ended up not really liking the end result so made a different one (in case you're getting confused, having already read yesterday's post!) Part of the problem was that these papers have such bold, bright colours that they really don't lend themselves to anything too layered and fussy in my view, so I decided to use them instead with Jen's sketch to make a couple of thank you cards with an altogether more clean and simple look. I made a couple of cards - here's the first one:

This one is my favourite with the daisy-only pattern, but I also made a second one using another of the busy floral papers in the pack:

On both I kept the sentiments simple, layering a couple of offset thanks diecuts from the retiring Well-Written Dies onto a stitched rectangle, with a border using the already out-of-stock retiring Ornate Borders die. So here's both of them together - do you have a preference?

I'm not sure I will ever love these papers, however I was pleased with these cards - more than the one I started out with, for sure!

Enjoy your day and I'll be back shortly with another couple of posts - including another one using Jen's fabulous sketch! Until then, happy stampin'!

Susanne
SusanneUnited States
3/29/2021 11:00:38 AM #

This design works really well with that paper.  Nicely done.

3/29/2021 11:13:09 AM #

These are beautiful!  AND I need several more thank you cards, so you have given me some great ideas to use on my own!  I am sure you won't mind me CASing them!!!

Jacquie Southas
Jacquie SouthasUnited States
3/29/2021 10:25:24 PM #

Great use of the designer paper! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Jen Brum
Jen BrumCanada
3/29/2021 10:33:09 PM #

Love these cards!  That paper is so fun and perfect for spring!  Love the delicate border as well!  Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan
Linda CallahanUnited States
3/30/2021 2:15:33 AM #

This pattern is lovely and you are right to let is be the star!  I need to do the same with mine!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
3/30/2021 9:14:10 PM #

Another lovely showcase of DSP - you're on a roll! I think that wee lacy border really packs a design punch in both these cards. It's actually my favourite die from that set. Smile

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current April hostess code:

3XTNB243

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!