Peace on Earth Detailed Dove Diecut Christmas Card

by Joanne James21. December 2020 21:32

Good evening everyone! I have had a busy few days with last-minute Christmas preparations so blogging has had to wait awhile, but I've managed to squeeze in some time this evening to share a card I made a few weeks ago following my 'Dove of Hope' online class that features a fun technique. The sentiment and non-traditional colour scheme also make it perfect for the current Christmas Kickstart Challenge and the challenge over at Colour Dare too:

I used the Detailed Dove Dies to create my fabulous dove and teamed it with a sentiment from the Peace and Joy bundle, along with an inked background I created using the salt technique - take a look:

Have you ever created a background using the salt technique? It's really easy: all you need to do is take a piece of watercolour paper and give it a wash in your chosen colour(s), then whilst still wet, sprinkle with salt crystals in varying sizes, some coarse and some fine, then ideally leave your background to dry naturally. When it's dry you can brush off any excess salt and you will be left with a background where the salt has created an interesting textural pattern. I added a fine spray of Frosted White Shimmer Paint too for a little added extra sparkle, before adding my layered sentiment and diecut dove.

I adore this dove die and have a few more cards with it that I've yet to share, so I'll try and add a couple more later this week if time permits.

Enjoy your evening and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Tags: , , , , , ,

Cards | Shop Online | Shop Stampin' Up! Online | Stamping

Jo Avery
Jo AveryUnited Kingdom
12/21/2020 10:27:50 PM #

This looks great, Joanne! I've never tried this technique myself, but love the effect you've achieved. Thanks for joining Shirley and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Alyson Mayo
Alyson MayoCanada
12/21/2020 11:39:38 PM #

Love that background created with salt - it is perfect behind the white dove. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare Smile

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
12/22/2020 9:19:08 PM #

Beautiful.  I'm planning to catch up on lots of crafting over Christmas, so will definitely try this technique!

Michelle Loncar
Michelle LoncarUnited States
12/22/2020 9:42:39 PM #

Beautiful card! I love your colors in the background and the salt technique was a perfect way to go! Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Steph Mortimer
Steph MortimerUnited Kingdom
12/22/2020 10:09:19 PM #

Beautiful background, such lovely colours. A great CAS card too. Thanks for playing along with Color My Heart Color Dare. X

Suzanne Reynolds
Suzanne ReynoldsUnited States
12/31/2020 5:47:55 AM #

Love your background, and perfect with the white silhouette against it... beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Vandra Stenton
Vandra StentonAustralia
1/2/2021 3:28:31 PM #

I love your background, its really stunning and with the dove its divine. Thank you for joining us at Colour Dare Challenge for non-traditional Christmas colours. I hope you can join us again soon.

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
1/2/2021 9:30:53 PM #

I have tried this background technique but with mixed results! Your background is lovely and twinkly and looks gorgeous with the pretty dove.  Happy new year to you and all the Jameses! Vicky x

Sale-A-Bration 2021 Is Here!

Sale-A-Bration is here! Choose a FREE product with every £45 or £90 you spend between 5 January-28 February. Click on the image above to view the brochure!

January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue

The new Stampin' Up! January-June 2021 Mini Catalogue is here - click on the image to download your copy!

Current January hostess code:

BPQAZE3W

What's more, if you join between 5 January - 28 February during Sale-A-Bration, you will receive an additional 5 packs of colour designer series paper too - for FREE!

Stampin Cut and Emboss

The Mini Stampin' Cut And Emboss Machine Is Here!

Crafting has never looked this good! Contact me to get yours today. Available from January 5th.