Dove Of Peace One Layer Christmas Card

by Joanne James28. July 2020 18:00

Today I'm sharing a card that I made at the weekend still with a 'Christmas In July' theme going on (desperately trying to get into Christmas crafting!) that is for a few current challenges:

The lovely team at Less Is More are doing a one layer card Christmas in July theme and I chose one of my retired stamps, 'Dove Of Peace', which I thought would make a lovely image for Time Out's challenge to be 'Peaceful'. It also gave me an opportunity to get out my Stampin' Blends for a spot of colouring which is what the ladies over at SUO Challenges are all about this week:

I coloured the detail on my dove with a combination of Bermuda Bay, (retired) Coastal Cabana and Pool Party Blends. I then took a dry aquapainter (the new fine one is perfect for this) and painted the remainder of the body of the dove in white shimmer paint. This was quite time consuming, but so worth it; the photo really doesn't do it justice - it has such a soft shimmer in real life. I think I'll make a few more of these in alternative colourways - they will be great for sending to my overseas friends.

This is one of my favourite retired Christmas stamps and great for one layer cards; do you have a favourite stamp for one layer creations? Do leave me a comment and let me know - I'd love to hear about your favourite Christmas sets, old or new.

Enjoy your evening and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
7/28/2020 10:06:59 PM #

Simply beautiful! Great one layer card.

Stephanie Lanzalotto
Stephanie LanzalottoUnited States
7/29/2020 11:59:10 AM #

What a gorgeous dove image, and one of the most wonderful symbols of peace. I love your coloring and the simplicity of this beautiful card. Thanks for playing our Peaceful challenge at Time Out.

sandie
sandieUnited Kingdom
7/29/2020 12:08:33 PM #

Fabulous image and perfectly coloured in these lovely soft colours. And a wonderful sentiment-just right for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Time Out x

Heather H
Heather HUnited States
7/29/2020 4:46:31 PM #

So pretty, Joanne - I so remember this set - the little details are so fun to color, which you have done here beautifully!  Thanks so much for playing at SUO!

Michelle W
Michelle WAustralia
8/1/2020 1:17:12 AM #

Beautiful OL Christmas card.  That stamp is gorgeous!  Thanks for joining us at Less is More.

Lynn
LynnUnited States
8/2/2020 1:01:01 PM #

Gorgeous card. Love your soft coloring.

Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Cindy Coutts
Cindy CouttsUnited States
8/2/2020 4:02:02 PM #

Fantastic 1-layer card Joanne! Thank you so much for playing with us at SUOChallenges.com. We hope that you join us for a new challenge on August 4!

Renee Daley
Renee DaleyUnited States
8/3/2020 5:24:30 PM #

Thanks for doing the SUO Coloring challenge.  Your dove card is so lovely!  Thanks for sharing it with us.

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current August hostess code:

CVAQTGE2

Spend Your Bonus Day Coupons!

Spend your £4.50 vouchers earned in July on your Stampin' Up! purchases before 31st August.

Paper Pumpkin Is Coming!