Celebrate Sunflowers Monochromatic CAS Thank You Card - PP496

by Joanne James21. June 2020 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's my turn to host this week and I have a clean and simple challenge for you to work with:

I always need lots of thank you cards and at this time of year as the academic year is coming to and end, even more so. A good clean and simple design that can be easily replicated can come in very handy. So a quick reminder for you - over at The Paper Players, what do we mean by Clean and Simple?

• Minimal layers and embellishments
  • Plenty of open space, aka "white" space
  • Simple and uncluttered

I decided to play along with a new-to-me-challenge Color My Heart Color Dare and go with a monochromatic yellow card to test run my new in-color Bumblebee ink with my Celebrate Sunflowers set - take a look:

I kept my card super-simple, with a white card base, a piece of in-colour DSP in Bumblebee and then added a white panel onto which I had stamped a partial sunflower in yellow and added a scored border detail. I offset this panel onto the DSP and added a trio of enamel dots and a white on yellow heat embossed sentiment, that I fussy cut and popped up on dimensionals.

I like the finished card so much I think I'll make a few more in the other in-colours and use these for the first of my in-colour club cards this month!

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; we are having bike rides today and one of the James Juniors is having a socially distanced picnic with a few of her girlfriends today to celebrate her birthday earlier this week.. The rest of the day will be spent getting ready for the big return to school as both James Juniors will be back this week!

I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

6/21/2020 4:52:34 PM #

Seeing lots of yellows around blogland lately, and this one is just delightful!  What a great way to use this pretty new color...and I love your sketch as well!  I think I might have to CASE your idea of creating one in each new In Color!

Alyson Mayo
Alyson MayoCanada
6/21/2020 8:49:46 PM #

Love the rectangles set to one side - that creates a very different look. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare Smile

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
6/21/2020 11:15:34 PM #

The yellow is so pretty! I LOVE sunflowers.

Allisa
AllisaUnited States
6/22/2020 4:08:35 PM #

I so love this sunflower!  Your monochromatic yellow sets it off perfectly!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
6/23/2020 1:41:23 PM #

Such a beautiful colour and the image is so detailed that only one colour is necessary! Hope you enjoyed your bike rides and that the birthday picnic went well! Vicky x

Stef Perry
Stef PerryUnited States
6/23/2020 11:15:26 PM #

Joanne, this is a brilliant and beautiful CAS card design with the sunflower stamped off the panel in one corner, the scoring for subtle detail and the offset layering of the panels.  I love it in monochromatic yellow, it feels so summery!

Mary Deatherage
Mary DeatherageUnited States
6/25/2020 12:02:46 AM #

Wow - absolutely stunning!  I need to CASE this - it's a perfectly gorgeous design, Joanne!! Smile

Cat Nowak
Cat NowakUnited States
6/25/2020 1:14:53 AM #

Beautiful sunflower card! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare.

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
6/25/2020 9:55:05 PM #

Joanne, this was a great challenge. thank you!  I love the yellow monochromatic color scheme.  it pops so beautifully off the white background.  The offset layers add so much visual interest.  Fabulous CAS card, my friend
hugs
jaydee

Susan Renshaw
Susan RenshawAustralia
6/26/2020 6:15:44 AM #

Lovely card - great use of this colour!
Thank you for sharing with Color My Heart Color Dare!
Susan

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
6/26/2020 2:36:44 PM #

A monochromatic beauty, Joanne! I love the offset layers. It adds interest while keeping the clean and simple vibe. The enamel dots are the perfect touch. I LOVE this card!!!

6/26/2020 5:50:03 PM #

Joanne, this was a fabulous challenge!  We all need thank you notes, so it is a winner!  Your yellow monochromatic scheme is gorgeous!  I love the beautiful sunflower, the enamel dots and the gorgeous envelope!   This is such a happy card!  Have a great weekend!

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
6/27/2020 5:28:21 PM #

I love how you offset one of the rectangle layers and the beautiful sunflower really pops on the clean layout! Beautiful!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
6/28/2020 7:48:46 AM #

I was just playing around with this sunflower and this colour just before dinner tonight. I don't know how I missed seeing this post before now! I love this card and think how great it would look with a set in different colours.

Current July hostess code:

WPMS44B7

Bonus Days Are Back!

Spend £45 or more in July and receive a £4.50 voucher to use against August purchases. Read more here