Strong and Beautiful Delightfully Detailed Watercolour

by Joanne James21. May 2020 08:00

Today I'm sharing a card that was inspired by the current Fusion Challenge that also meets the watercolour brief over at TGIF Challenges this week:

I went all-in with the Fusion sketch and photo inspiration and even created a watercolour background for my piece of Delightfully Detailed laser-cut paper -  take a look:

I generally avoid watercolour backgrounds like this as they always seem to end up a sludgy mess, but I was quite pleased to have created this one on my second attempt. I paired it with a sentiment from the 'Strong and Beautiful' stamp set which works for the Fusion theme of 'You are Enough' and split the sentiment into two parts, heat embossing the first part in white on the front of my card. This is the only thing I wish I'd done differently, as it's quite difficult to see on the photo against the pale pink background. This photo shows it a little clearer:

I added a sprinkling of sequins and then finished my sentiment inside my card, adding another offcut of lasercut paper:

We have the last of CE exams part one today with History first thing, followed by an online unboxing of my pre-order with my online class ladies late morning - I'm not sure who is looking forward to that more, them or me! I then have a rather boring afternoon of housework lined up - I can put it off no more! Enjoy your day and I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
5/21/2020 8:23:20 AM #

Oooh! This is lovely! That shimmery watercolour background is great on its own but really shows off that super paper. Such a pretty design. Smile

Tami Hewlett
Tami HewlettUnited States
5/22/2020 12:17:23 PM #

Love your elegant watercolors background!!!  So pretty!!!

Claire A
Claire AAustralia
5/23/2020 1:02:20 AM #

Your background is so pretty - I love the laser cut bloom over it. I avoid watercolour backgrounds as well...they always end up a complete mess and a wasted piece of watercolour paper!

Deborah Wheeler
Deborah WheelerUnited Kingdom
5/23/2020 8:47:31 PM #

Beautiful card - its really delicate and pretty

Wanda Cullen
Wanda CullenUnited States
5/23/2020 9:07:12 PM #

Your soft water coloring is so gorgeous with this laser cut overlay! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
5/24/2020 7:13:53 PM #

Absolutely stunning Joanne! That gorgeous watercolour background combined with the laser cut paper gives such a pretty, ethereal look. Vicky x

Current June hostess code:

NSKDEXBA

Host In June And Get Extra Rewards

Shop or host a party in June to get an extra £20 Stampin' Rewards with sales of £200+. Read more here

During June you can also choose any additional stamp/tool bundle from the new catalogue - FOR FREE!