Mosaic Mood Framed Birthday Card PP488

by Joanne James26. April 2020 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the lovely Laurie to host this week and she has my favourite, a sketch challenge for you to work with:

I pondered Laurie's sketch this week and resisted the urge to go clean and simple and instead went for lots of layers and details. I'm on a mission to use up some of my designer series paper (well, I need to justify buying the new designs when the new catalogue arrives!) so decided I would make one the focus of my card - take a look:

Mosaic Mood - I received a free pack of Mosaic Mood paper at Onstage when the current catalogue was launched and I have to confess it wasn't a pattern that I was immediately drawn to. I didn't like the accompanying stamp set and left to my own devices I probably would not have purchased it at all. Truth is, this paper has surprised me - I have had lots of fun with it, cutting out the patterns and stripes and have made lots of projects with it. It was a good choice for my card today - I chose a background pattern and then a floral for the framed centre and decorated my frame with a fussy cut rose and leaves. Funny how things work out, right?

Heirloom Frames - I used one of the embossed Heirloom Frames to separate my two designs. The texture adds interest and detail to the layers on my card.

A Well Written Sentiment - The team over at TGIF Challenges are featuring diecut sentiments on their projects for the current challenge and that was just what I needed for my sentiment still to have impact and be seen. I chose to use the 'birthday' from the Well Written Framelits - they are perfect paired with the 'Well Said' stamp set, both of which are carrying over into the new catalogue I am pleased to say - these are keepers!

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; I spent the morning crafting yesterday so have lots to share with you this week! Yesterday turned into a glorious day of sunshine so we enjoyed time outside and an evening BBQ, with a welcome break from online lessons. Hopefully today will allow for more of the same! I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Allisa
AllisaUnited States
4/28/2020 7:20:33 PM #

Great card, love the fun mix of patterns!  I am on mission to use up some of my paper as well!  So love the frame!

Stef Perry
Stef PerryUnited States
4/29/2020 5:51:26 AM #

Well done trying to use up some of your dsp stash, and it worked perfectly for this pretty card, Joanne.  The framed panel with the butterfly is so pretty and I love the texture on the frame itself.  I still have piles of old dsp, even after selling or giving away plenty, so I admire your efforts LOL!  Beautiful card!

Mary Deatherage
Mary DeatherageUnited States
4/30/2020 1:08:22 AM #

Wow - this is so pretty - love your DSP choice and the addition of the die cut sentiment!! Smile

5/1/2020 1:02:04 PM #

Joanne, this is such a great way to use DSP!  Your card is so gorgeous!  I love the framed panel and the little butterfly is beautiful!  I also love the die cut sentiment, too!  I always adore mix patterns.  I hope you have a lovely weekend, My Friend!  XX

Ann Schach
Ann SchachUnited States
5/1/2020 8:36:45 PM #

What a perfect way to showcase this lovely paper with an heirloom frame, Joanne! The fussy cut flower is a perfect accent. Great job!!!

Jan Clothier
Jan ClothierNew Zealand
5/1/2020 10:40:31 PM #

What a pretty way to use this paper. It framed up well for your focal point. I was reminded strongly of this paper when we visited the British Museum last year - we went down a stair case and there were Roman mosaics embedded on the floor and the walls but almost as if they were framed art like this.

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
5/2/2020 6:31:42 AM #

I absolutely love how you showcased this paper JoAnne! Love that pattern and texture on the layers. So pretty!

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
5/2/2020 2:47:39 PM #

Joanne, I love the soft colors and the brown frame is the perfect backdrop for those beautiful flowers.  So much wonderful texture and I agree with Anne Marie, you really showcased the paper beautifully.
hugs
jaydee

Autumn Winter Catalogue

Current August hostess code:

CVAQTGE2

Spend Your Bonus Day Coupons!

Spend your £4.50 vouchers earned in July on your Stampin' Up! purchases before 31st August.

Paper Pumpkin Is Coming!