Pressed Petals Spring Florals For PP483

by Joanne James22. March 2020 09:00

Today it's Sunday and time for this week's new challenge over at The Paper Players! It's the turn of the fabulous Claire to host this week and she has my favourite, a sketch challenge for you to work with:

I had an idea in my head as to what I was going to do with this sketch until I pulled my DSP box off the shelf and saw something that inspired me to go in a completely different direction! I ended up making three cards in one go, two using Claire's sketch. They are all different but do have one thing in common - Pressed Petals Specialty Designer Series Paper. Here's my first card:

The Pressed Petals Specialty Designer Series Paper has photographic images of real pressed petals on one side and one of the sheets in the pack has distinct sectional designs to cut out and use on card fronts, and two of the sections feature floral ovals which I thought would work for Claire's sketch. They also reminded me of Laurel's pretty Inspired By badge this week which comprised of pressed florals so I'm linking my first card up there. I stamped my sentiment in the centre of the wreath (I needed a get well card so used this one from the 'Dandelion Wishes' stampset) and fussy cut it out, mounted it on a panel of Mossy Meadow wrapped with the Magnolia Lane linen ribbon and twine and paired this with a Rococco Rose card base and added a trio of faceted dots to finish.

I decided to make another card using another of the sections, this time switching out the ribbon and adding a stamped and diecut sentiment combo to make an Easter card that is great for the current Just Us Girls challenge where the challenge is to feature shades of blue, green and yellow on your card:

I'm also linking my Easter card up to SUO Challenges where the current theme is Spring.

I created one last card to use up the strip of daisies. I inset it within a split Rococco Rose panel that I popped up on dimensionals and paired it with a sentiment from 'Peaceful Moments', this time using the current InspireCreate sketch rather than Claire's - it was ideal to save this piece from wallowing in my snippets box:

Here is the visual summary of the key products used on today's projects for you to pin for easy reference:

Here's a quick recap of our challenge rules:

1.  Create a new paper project
3.  Please link your card to no more than four challenges, TOTAL.
4.  Have FUN!

Enjoy your day; it's Mother's Day here in the UK but due to our social distancing everyone will be at home in their own houses, which will feel strange. I'm looking forward to being waited on by the James Juniors and Skype calls with the other Mums in our extended family, maybe with some quality jigsaw time too! I'll be back tomorrow with another project. Until then, happy stampin'!

Angie
AngieUnited States
3/22/2020 2:34:24 PM #

Pretty easter card with the challenge colors!  Thanks for linking up at JUGS this week!

3/22/2020 3:34:43 PM #

Joanne, these are all fabulous!  I love the card with my sketch!  The green background is so gorgeous to showcase this beautiful wreath!  The ribbon is perfect for the vertical element in the sketch!  I also love the green twine bow.  You certainly made my sketch shine this week, My Friend!  Stay healthy!  XX

3/22/2020 4:55:59 PM #

You have been a busy stamper!  These are all beautiful...I did not get these papers, have just been enjoying them vicariously through others!!  The daisy one is just delightful!  SO simple and easy, but very pretty!

Heather H
Heather HUnited States
3/22/2020 7:48:03 PM #

So pretty, Joanne - these papers are perfect for Spring, and I always forget to go back to our awesome Wish for Everything bundle - lovely for Easter, too!  Thanks so much for playing at SUO!

Laurie
LaurieUnited States
3/22/2020 10:53:45 PM #

A beautiful set of cards ...great use of the sketch! Very creative!

Vicky
VickyUnited Kingdom
3/23/2020 12:45:13 PM #

What amazing papers and what lovely cards you have made with them Joanne! The flowers really do look real! I hope you and your family are safe and well. Sending love, Vicky x

Stef Perry
Stef PerryUnited States
3/23/2020 9:23:27 PM #

All three cards are lovely Joanne!  That dsp is so pretty, plus quite remarkable for making a wreath, and I imagine less time consuming than trying to stamp one out.  I really like the mix of Rococo Rose and Mossy Meadow,  tucking that combo into my project book!  I hope you're all continuing to stay well.  Take care, my friend!

Mary Deatherage
Mary DeatherageUnited States
3/23/2020 11:47:54 PM #

This paper is so darned pretty and I LOVE that you fussy cut the wreaths!!  Simply gorgeous!!  Smile

Renee Daley
Renee DaleyUnited States
3/24/2020 11:20:01 PM #

This paper is so perfect for the Spring Challenge at SUO Challenges.  Just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us.

Allisa
AllisaUnited States
3/25/2020 2:57:56 AM #

Those papers are gorgeous!  Love your twine bow!

danni reid
danni reidUnited States
3/25/2020 7:16:18 PM #

Really beautiful cards with such pretty papers, thanks for sharing @ IB this week.

jaydee
jaydeeUnited States
3/26/2020 11:59:12 PM #

Joanne, Iove them all.  But the first one is my favorite.  It reminds me of an English country garden and makes me nostalgic.  Fabulous use of the sketch, my friend!
hugs
jaydee

Anne Marie Hile
Anne Marie HileUnited States
3/28/2020 2:15:34 PM #

Such beautiful cards to showcase this lovely DSP! Those wreaths really do stand out wonderfully. Thanks for the inspiration, as always!

Christy Stanford
Christy StanfordUnited States
3/31/2020 2:47:20 PM #

Three gorgeous cards, Joanne!  I think my favorite is the pink one Smile  Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges, hope to see you back for the new challenge that just started!

Cindy B Designs
Cindy B DesignsUnited States
3/31/2020 5:20:35 PM #

I LOVE these cards! I've had the hardest time with that piece of DSP. Thank you for the inspiration and thank you so much for playing along with us at SUO Challenges. A new challenge went up today and I hope you join us again!

Current April hostess code:

RDJNFTTJ

2020 Spring-Summer Mini Catalogue

Ornate Garden Early Release

Get blooming with an exclusive early release from our new annual catalogue. The Ornate Garden Suite is available from April 1st - for full details click here.